Cheap & good Shop for a Terminated Mach Swap

TheWraith

Sep 2, 2008
OK iam new here and just got my hands on an 03 Mach 1 5 speed CHEAP that threw a rod.... long story short i wanna do a complete swap with Engine & trans from a Termi. any local shops around Chicagoland/NWI that give good deals and great service? and any1 on here got a complete setup for a good deal? i know iam going to spend a good penny but i just want a quality build car that i Can DD & take to the track as well

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
Why not rebuild the mach 1 motor and sell the car for a profit and just buy a nice cobra.. Or rebuild the motor and go .30 over and throw a turbo on it...

+1

but if you do want to do a swap id look into DEANS performance or speed inc. they have excellent customer service, do great work, and have very reasonable prices.

edit - accidently put hans performance :pat:

TheWraith

Sep 2, 2008
Why not rebuild the mach 1 motor and sell the car for a profit and just buy a nice cobra.. Or rebuild the motor and go .30 over and throw a turbo on it...

def true but for what ill prob have in getting both cars 6-7K after all is said and done its A LOT cheaper lol I have been waiting for the day for Terminator Prices to drop and that day will never come....... Hell Next year GT500's will prob be worth less lol

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
def true but for what ill prob have in getting both cars 6-7K after all is said and done its A LOT cheaper lol I have been waiting for the day for Terminator Prices to drop and that day will never come....... Hell Next year GT500's will prob be worth less lol

IMO you'd still be better off just building the mach motor and put a big blower or turbo on it, if it were a GT i'd be saying differently, but on the mach it'll handle plenty of boost. And +1 on deans performance.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Make your life easy and use these brackets that are now available on Mercurymarauder.net.

I have these on 2 of my Marauders, 1 with a Whipple 3.4, the other with an Eaton:
123456.jpg

12345.jpg

1234.jpg

123.jpg

They are under $600 (price not yet determined) and you use the stock Marauder/Mach 1 Timing Cover.
If you gonna go high boost and worry about belt slip, I have figured that out as well, just dont have a pic of it.

This setup has supported a solid 20psi BTW.

CREJoe

Chassis Builder
Jun 15, 2007
Make your life easy and use these brackets that are now available on Mercurymarauder.net.

They are under $600 (price not yet determined) and you use the stock Marauder/Mach 1 Timing Cover.
If you gonna go high boost and worry about belt slip, I have figured that out as well, just dont have a pic of it.

This setup has supported a solid 20psi BTW.

$600.00 for just the brackets!?!?!?!?! That's a ripoff.

My shop could make those for a lot less if any one is interested.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info