CHEAP Electrician! I Found one

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I found a local guy who does electrical work. He just finished a job at my house last night and I couldn't be happier.
The guy has his own business doing electrical, plumbing, carpentry, tile, drywall etc etc
He is also a full time firefighter. He is out of marengo but will drive where ever.
He installed a 100amp sub panel, 100 feet of #8 wire alone. In total 12 1900 boxes. 2 of them were expansions off other boxes. The other 10 were all 110 or 220 circuits each on it's own dedicated circuit. Ran all the conduit on the wall, strapped it down every 5 feet. Everything is up to code and works perfect.

He looked at what I needed and we went to home depot to buy everything. And he got started working around 4:30pm and finished at midnight.

I'll grab his number when I get home for anyone that needs work.
I don't even want to tell you what I paid because it was really inexpensive. Maybe he underbid it, I don't know. But he never once argued price, I tried to buy him dinner but he didn't want it. I got him a few drinks throughout the night.
Super nice guy, and did an awesome job.

Name is Todd Jones and his company is EMS. I'll upload his business card later

Todd jones. 815-482-6134

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So you let a firefighter who says he can also do the jobs of 3 other skilled trades do electrical work at your house? How do you know it's up to code, because he said?

Firefighter work schedules allows them to pretty easily be involved in other trades in defense of this.

As far as it being 'up to code', if he is a licensed business he wouldn't risk his License by taking short cuts, and then there is the whole morality of being a fire fighter and putting someone else at risk.

the electrician I had do my work locally was "Adrian Electric", its a small operation (3 guys I believe?), but their prices were excellent, and he took the time to explain things to me prior to making recommendations in a way that I understood. He also was happy to answer all my questions, and actually recommended against an 'up sell' that I had asked about (Going to a 200 amp panel) based upon my usage and even future needs.

Adrian Electric, Inc. : Over 40 years of Experience in Electrical Service and Generator Installation

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info