CHE trunnion upgrade kit

lefty

Reaction score
I figured since my car was down I might as well do this now before I had a possible needle bearing failure. Each rocker has 66 needle bearings in it that I'm glad I got to remove before they got out. The trunnion kit is a bushing that is machined with oil grooves as are the rocker shafts. Easy to install with no special tools needed besides a c clip tool.

Attachments

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
I had this done a couple years ago.
one of the needle bearings fell out once removed from the car :eek2:

the "washer" like ring on the bolt head stated to work it's way up the bolt too... weird, should have taken a picture of it at the time.

:bigthumb:

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Donating Member
Reaction score
I wondered how the sleeve bearing version of the trunion upgrade worked out for people. Seems like a fairly robust design, though I thought the trunion itself was only lubricated by "drip" oiling and not under pressure necessarily. Might be concerned with longevity of this design, but I'm sure someone has tested it.

I opted for the Comp Cams version with the encapsulated needle bearings on the last car I put together. I hope that these work just as well!

lefty

Reaction score
A lot of people who did the upgrades said it made the motor a lot quieter, which is an added bonus. I'll be able to verify that after I get my clutch put in, asshole took forever to ship it.

lefty

Reaction score
The motor is ALOT quieter, it got rid of the sewing machine sound of the valvetrain

lefty

Reaction score
The only thing I heard about was an issue with the wear on the Comp sets

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom