• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Chasing vacuum lines

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
Your right JB, I found a few pictures on Zack's previous engine swap threads.

Talked to my middle son (the Honda Mech, also works on Marauders,mine) and he has 7 days off from his job next week and says he will help me find the leak and do the fuel filter mod too.

What a Son.

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
OK then.

I was expecting a pulsing indication, as the bad cylinder cycled. But if an exhaust seat is leaking then it's a constant loss to atmosphere thru the tail pipes.

One thing that bothers me, is that I don't ever remember the vacuum reading on my boost guage reading 20 PSI. Therefore, I'm thinking thats not a good place to check engine vacuum.

The only reason a vacuum loss is suspected is the high idle and associated compensation by the IAC valve, which is a recent anomaly.

We will surely find out when Zack gets the car in April.

Pat

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
OK then.

I was expecting a pulsing indication, as the bad cylinder cycled. But if an exhaust seat is leaking then it's a constant loss to atmosphere thru the tail pipes.

One thing that bothers me, is that I don't ever remember the vacuum reading on my boost guage reading 20 PSI. Therefore, I'm thinking thats not a good place to check engine vacuum.

The only reason a vacuum loss is suspected is the high idle and associated compensation by the IAC valve, which is a recent anomaly.

We will surely find out when Zack gets the car in April.

Pat

This is just a hypothetical, but what if a faulty wrist pin gouged the cylinder wall? Compression loss would be the same all the time, correct?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info