Grand Rapids, MI
well this looks awful

download%20(6).jpeg

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Her actual quote;
"Look, people have to buy tickets to this movie, too. This movie has to make money. If this movie doesn’t make money it reinforces a stereotype in Hollywood that men don’t go see women do action movies. "

Ummm, what about Wonder Woman?

Charlies Angles was always kind of a meh franchise to me. A lot of people don't like Kristen Stewart, and I don't even know the other two. Didn't really seem like it was a recipe for success. Plus it isn't like this was a male centeric movie that was popular, remade with a female lead cast that flopped so to me that kind of also kills her argument.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
She explained her quote and shes not wrong. Everyone is just running with the wrong story.

She basically said men will see comic book movies, b/c they are inherently male movies...Wonder Woman included. she said men don't see movies that are not comic book movies that are an all female cast in an action setting. Again, I agree.

“If this movie doesn’t make money it reinforces a stereotype in Hollywood that men don’t go see women do action movies. [Audience members will] go and see a comic book movie with Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel because that’s a male genre. So even though those are movies about women, they put them in the context of feeding the larger comic book world, so it’s all about, yes, you’re watching a Wonder Woman movie but we’re setting up three other characters or we’re setting up Justice League.”

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Shes not wrong tho...do we wanna go watch a bunch of girls do action movies? 95% absolutely not.

Whatever else she says, sure whatever. But the male population doesn't want to watch a female action movie...probably b/c no one knows how to deliver a satisfying female led action movie.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I'm not really disagreeing I suppose. I mean there have been a few successful female movies have there not? The Lara Croft stuff, even if it was a movie based on a video game, comes to mind.

But again, this was a premise of trying to resurrect a franchise that really wasn't asked for.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
She explained her quote and shes not wrong. Everyone is just running with the wrong story.

She basically said men will see comic book movies, b/c they are inherently male movies...Wonder Woman included. she said men don't see movies that are not comic book movies that are an all female cast in an action setting. Again, I agree.
Yeah I read more of it after I posted. I still think she is focusing on the wrong reason this movie isn't doing great.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info