Movie Charlie's Angels

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I’m not even watching this trailer. The Charlie’s angels movies from the 2000’s are some of the some of the dumbest movies in history.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I didn't think Justin Bieber would be in a movie like this, but I've been wrong before. :dunno:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Two white girls now?!? Nice to see Hollywood continue to white wash their films. Next thing you know, one of them will be a man...probably even straight.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Bet the black Widow movies destroys this.

Atomic Blonde was great. Red Sparrow was good, but not exceptional.

Still have yet to see Anna.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Isn't elizabeth banks such a poor actress that she basically had to switch to commercials? How did she get a gig as a director? Kinda funny to see it flop, lol

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Or that the premise just sucked to begin with and the cast left nothing to desire.

Broke EF

Reaction score
Her actual quote;
"Look, people have to buy tickets to this movie, too. This movie has to make money. If this movie doesn’t make money it reinforces a stereotype in Hollywood that men don’t go see women do action movies. "

Ummm, what about Wonder Woman?

Charlies Angles was always kind of a meh franchise to me. A lot of people don't like Kristen Stewart, and I don't even know the other two. Didn't really seem like it was a recipe for success. Plus it isn't like this was a male centeric movie that was popular, remade with a female lead cast that flopped so to me that kind of also kills her argument.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
She explained her quote and shes not wrong. Everyone is just running with the wrong story.

She basically said men will see comic book movies, b/c they are inherently male movies...Wonder Woman included. she said men don't see movies that are not comic book movies that are an all female cast in an action setting. Again, I agree.

“If this movie doesn’t make money it reinforces a stereotype in Hollywood that men don’t go see women do action movies. [Audience members will] go and see a comic book movie with Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel because that’s a male genre. So even though those are movies about women, they put them in the context of feeding the larger comic book world, so it’s all about, yes, you’re watching a Wonder Woman movie but we’re setting up three other characters or we’re setting up Justice League.”

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Someway, somehow, we're always at fault.

Or again, it could just be that the premise of the movie and the choice of actresses sucked. But "ok" Elizabeth, you go with that.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Shes not wrong tho...do we wanna go watch a bunch of girls do action movies? 95% absolutely not.

Whatever else she says, sure whatever. But the male population doesn't want to watch a female action movie...probably b/c no one knows how to deliver a satisfying female led action movie.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I'm not really disagreeing I suppose. I mean there have been a few successful female movies have there not? The Lara Croft stuff, even if it was a movie based on a video game, comes to mind.

But again, this was a premise of trying to resurrect a franchise that really wasn't asked for.

Broke EF

Reaction score
She explained her quote and shes not wrong. Everyone is just running with the wrong story.

She basically said men will see comic book movies, b/c they are inherently male movies...Wonder Woman included. she said men don't see movies that are not comic book movies that are an all female cast in an action setting. Again, I agree.
Yeah I read more of it after I posted. I still think she is focusing on the wrong reason this movie isn't doing great.

Pewter-Camaro

Reaction score
what I find funny is she knew that there was no audience for this movie and made it anyhow to try and be some kind of Super hero feminist and prove a point about action movies that nobody cares about. In the end All she actually succeeded in doing is loosing a ton of money and destroying her career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom