• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Changing out the Instrument Cluster

I

itlnrob

I haven't attempted this install yet, but I want to know how simple this is. The only thing I removed with out any issues is just that front plastic Panel that goes around the dash/radio/etc. What else is left to do after that?

zeez gtp

Reaction score
i think that's it, you might have to undo the two tiny bolts and philips screw underneath the steering wheel colum, to pull the whole assembly out, it might make it easier

I

imported_1fastGTP

yea theres a few bolts under the steering wheel for that piece but it wont make a big difference u just have 2 move ur steering wheel down and there should be a few bolts for the actual cluster 2 slide out but goodluck on it :)

I

itlnrob

I have to buy a new Cluster cause the dealer thinks I have a bad one.

My Gas Gauge is way off, and the Fuel Regulator in the tank is dead accurate. So they said that if they test my Cluster I was lookin at a few hours of labor, and I didn't want to chance it to be an Electrical Problem like they said, so I'm buying a cheap cluster from a junk yard to see if it works.

What is weird is the DIC is still accurate, and has never changed. So thats why I think its the cluster.

gt2000

Reaction score
its very easy to pull that out, take off the plastic section under the steerring column, then pop off the piece that goes around the cluster and the cd player and what not, it is just clipped in, sounds like you are beaking the hell out of it when you pop it off, but it's fine, then if i remember right there are like two tiny screws holding in the cluster and it pops right out.

Toasty

Reaction score
be careful about just swapping clusters if they have different mileage....

you might run into problems down the road with titles and such if they suspect the mileage to have been 'tampered with'

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom