• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Changing crank pulleys

Xtant12

Reaction score
So I plan to do the 8 rib crank in march/april. I was wondering if the people who have done it could give me some tips on how to do it, what I will need, ect. I was going to buy the tool but on ZZP there is these different options and the dam tool gets expensive. I will rent it from advanced or something. Looking at it I dont think it will be to hard but you never know. Anyone know if I did decide to buy it what option I would need to get from the zzp site??
Thanks guys..

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Reaction score
The puller you should be able to rent I would think. I don't know what the charges would be though.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
I got the puller from ZZP, the main issue is the Bolts, the 3800 balancer uses a smaller than normal hole and thread, so the special bolts are needed......But, have fun with the crank bolt....200+ ft lbs FTL..... You can use the starter to break the bolt loose though, just make sure the car doesn't start

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
I got the puller from ZZP, the main issue is the Bolts, the 3800 balancer uses a smaller than normal hole and thread, so the special bolts are needed......But, have fun with the crank bolt....200+ ft lbs FTL..... You can use the starter to break the bolt loose though, just make sure the car doesn't start
makin it not start is easy, just pull the relay for the fuel pump, and run it til it dies, then itll crank and not start

Xtant12

Reaction score
about how long do u guys think it will take???

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just rented a tool from autozone and bought the bolts I needed at ace. I also put a metal rod into the crank so I didn't fuck up the threads. It was like $5 total.

Also air tools ftw.

Xtant12

Reaction score
I just rented a tool from autozone and bought the bolts I needed at ace. I also put a metal rod into the crank so I didn't fuck up the threads. It was like $5 total.

Also air tools ftw.
Thanks for the info. When it comes time to do it I will go to Auto-zone..

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
:nutz:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom