change of plans..

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Some of you might know i picked up a 350 that i had planned doing a 383 stroker build on. but as i got money together to start buying parts to do it, i realized i had enough to go lsx. so i did lol. Was flipping through craigslist and found a LM7 5.3 and 4l60e trans with harness and ecu out of a 01 tahoe with 80k miles. He was asking 1200$ for everything, called him thurs night and i offered him 800$ cash and id pick it up the same night. Needless to say it was a deal.

Got her torn down, im gonna have the heads cleaned up and the valve springs swapped out. Gonna run a pretty nasty cam, havent decided what yet. Bottom end im gonna leave alone. Because this has to be done by mid august, im going to go with a carb set up. I really dont want to but it just makes the most sense and its a lot easier. Ive seen the exact same set up making some really impressive numbers too which is a plus. Hopefully next summer ill get it back to fuel injected. I'll have more specifics on what im gonna do as i get parts together. here are some pics of my baby.

Does anyone know how to convert a 4wd 4l60e to a 2wd??

IMG00015.jpg

IMG00016.jpg

IMG00021.jpg

IMG00020.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
why you going carbed again? i thought you got the entire wiring harness? i bet you could find a 4l60E from an f-body cheap. you can rebuild transmissions now right?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pts/1246467106.html that dudes got a 4l80E. a friend has one in his 2nd gen camaro and i believe it has no controller at all....just a full manual valve body. its behind a pretty nasty procharged 383 with just a converter.

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
why you going carbed again? i thought you got the entire wiring harness? i bet you could find a 4l60E from an f-body cheap. you can rebuild transmissions now right?

I have two 4l60e's already, the problem is controlling them without going full manual. I think im gonna run a 700r4 with tci insides and like a 3000stall converter.

Im going carb'd mainly because of time restraints, i want to be able to stab the drivetrain in and have it running the same day. If i wanted to go fuel injected, i would most likely have to modify that harness, have the ecu reprogrammed so i dont have the security, egr, evap, etc. And on top of that i would have to tune it for the cam and whatever else i end up doing. There is also the fact that the carb set up makes more power...

Do A 700R4(4l60) Not worth the money untill you go back to the FIed setup.
you going to run a standard style ignitoin then too? or whats the plans?

Yea i was thinking the same thing.

Im going to run the coil on plug set up that it came with. MSD makes a controller specifically for lsx ignition. It utilizes the factory plugs and sensors. pretty trick

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
I got some goodies in the mail today! Most of the parts im ordering for the swap are coming from s10v8.com. I picked up there s10 ls1 swap pan. Normally i would have to notch my crossmember, but with this pan it will bolt in with no clearance issues. The pan came with new bolts, new gasket, dipstick, and and oil pick up tube. Ordered some ls1 swap mounts too with polyurethane frame mounts. I also picked up some chevy orange engine paint after work today.

IMG00024.jpg

IMG00025.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info