đź’¦ Detailing "Ceramic Coating Hyperwax" on wheels?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I want to coat my wheels before I put them on the car for the spring. I was originally going to buy a legit ceramic coating for the car but figured I'd give Chemical Guys Hydroslick a shot. It's $40 and I can buy it at Walmart. It's supposedly a synthetic wax with Si02 suspended. It it even worth coating the wheels with?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
C5 wheel coating from Gtechniq. Do it

I 2nd this.

And to help keep things fresh some Carpro Hydro2 Lite isn't a bad thing either. super easy to just spray on while you wash the wheels and rinse off right away. will give them that little bit of extra protection between washes

CARPRO_HydrO2_Lite1ll.jpg

Reactions: Lead Pipe

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Chicago auto pros uploaded a video after 3 months of winter driving. The Hydroslick is pretty flat.

There are other products in the same price range that would be better both for the paint and the wheels ( if you want 1 product to apply to both ).
Any of the spray on rinse off SiO2 products will need to be reapplied to the wheels every other wash or every month or so.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Wound up taking a flyer on a $25 chinese ceramic coating from amazon after not being able to find the smaller sized C5. Reviews were favorable. Shine seems good, application was easy. I may die from the fumes. We’ll see how durable it is.

View attachment 82868

View attachment 82869
Perhaps doing this next to the furnace wasn't the best idea?

Reactions: Lead Pipe

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Lead Pipe Lead Pipe What is this china juice you speak of?

Reactions: RAM-ROD
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info