đź”– Deals Ceramic coating for headers, anyone know where to get it done locally?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Like the title says, I finally got some headers for my Trailblazer (used) that I want to get ceramic coated inside and out and I prefer local over shipping them. Anyone know of a place locally that does coating or have any experience with them? Yes I already know about Jet-coat and Nitro-plate but as I said I don't want to pay the extra $$$ for shipping.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Lo-ko quoted me around $400 for headers and Y-pipe which is pretty much the cheapest quote I've gotten for ceramic metallic inside and out. I'm going to try to drop them off today as long as the damn heat doesn't buckle the roads en route. Fuck it's hot out already and it's only 7am.

FSCC

Fresh Start Custom Coatings
Mar 13, 2012
Palatine, IL
Of course I read this thread a little late.. I just wanna clarify something incase someone else reads this..

First off thank you to beerdog I appreciate the kind words!

My name is Mark and I am the owner operator of Fresh Start Custom Coatings. I do powder and ceramic coating work. I read the last post by Smrtss1 and wanted to explain something's. As far as I know and I hope I explained this to you on the phone, the reason I say I do not coat the inside of headers is because simply there is no tool or way to completely coat the inside of the pipe with all the twists and bends that headers have. You see, when you spray ceramic you use a detail airbrush or a detail hvlp gun as the ceramics is a liquid much like paint. As far as I know and with talking with my ceramic supplier there is no flexible wand or anything to put inside the pipes to fully coat them.. What a lot places do is pour a little ceramic in the pipes and rotate the pipe around and hope that it get coated. I do not see the point in that because if the ceramic is applied to thick in spots it will flake off and when you start to have pieces of ceramic coming out the exhaust and I don't want you to call me asking what happened.... Sure you can keep spinning the pipe and hope its fully coated but being honest there is no way to be sure that it gets fully coated correctly... What I tell everyone is I spray inside to cover the top bends where it is the hottest and from then on I can't be sure what gets coated or not.....

Now with that said, about my business ethics, I simply do not believe in telling anyone "what they wanna hear" just to get the job. I like what I do because I get to be up front and honest with everyone from the get go. I don't have a boss telling to tell "you" anything to get the job, I am the boss and the worker.. I enjoy having a good reputation and making peoples mouth drop when they see their parts.. I started doing powdercoating simply because I got f'ed over in the past on my own car parts by a few shitty places that will remain nameless.. Because of that I bought my own equipment and did my own stuff, it grew from there with doing all my friends parts and now its to the point where i advertise and run a growing business also In that time I have upgraded all my equipment and hope to continue to keep growing...

I hope anyone who reads this understands I simply try to offer the best and most honest service I can.

Thank you for reading!

Also if there is a tool out there that me or my ceramic supplier dont know about yet I'm sure we will find out soon so please call with any questions..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info