CCW Classes with G2 (Dan Lanan) 4/3 and 4/17

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
I just got off of the phone with Dan and talked to him about doing the CCW class for those of you that are interested. Based on his availability, we're looking at the below dates:

4/3 - First Class

Okay folks, first day is coming up soon. We will be meeting at the below address. Please bring the $100 for the other half of payment with you. You can pay cash, paypal, cc, chase quick pay. Also bring your gun and mags with NO AMMO. You can also bring pen and paper if you would like to take notes.

Exemplar Financial Network
413 E Terra Cotta Ave
Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014
Time: 8AM

I will update this post next week for Day 2.

[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION] [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] [MENTION=410]Bruce Jibboo[/MENTION] (I know you're day 2 only)

4/17 - Second Class

What would the cost for the class be?

$200

What do we need to bring with us?

If you want to take notes, pen/paper. Eyes/Ears + Ammo (At least 30 rounds, recommend 100, just incase you need to shoot twice) If you have a holster and your own gun, bring it.

Will there be rentals available if you do not own?

There will be guns available for the shooting part. If you need ammo, bring your own or buy from Dan.

Does the price include finger printing?

Does not include finger printing, but printing is not required (only expedites the process of the application for CCL)

Location?

In the Woodstock / McHenry area. If there is a more "central location" for all of us, he's not against using that location.

Time?

8a-5p. Usually finishes around 3-3:30 (based on how long lunches are).

Once class is locked in - 50% non-refundable deposit over the phone, rest due first day of class.

Can pay with Chase quick pay, paypal or call w/ credit card for the deposit, all the previous or Cash for the last $100.
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] [MENTION=4078]Teege24[/MENTION] [MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION] [MENTION=2761]Shawn1112[/MENTION] [MENTION=249]importcrew[/MENTION]

If you have people interested, pass these dates onto them. I need to know if these dates work ASAP so I can go back to Dan and he can put it on the schedule.

Going:
[MENTION=127]wombat[/MENTION] +2
[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION] +1
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] +2
[MENTION=410]Bruce Jibboo[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Let me check with the wife that these dates work.
So is this $200 including finger prints?
I'm assuming I need to bring my Foid card, anything else needed?
Also anything else that would need to be done on my end, or do we pay for this class and the instructor takes care of everything else?

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Couple of questions as I am interested in taking CCW classes.

Once we go through the class, pay the fees, pass, we are most likely going to get the CCW permit?

Forgive my lack of knowledge. I was under the impression you had to go to a specific location in Chicago, 2 days in a row, 8-10 hours each, take written exams, shooting tests, etc. in order to get it.

Do you also have to be a marksman to get a CCW, or is this the actual training course required for a CCW?

Thanks for the help.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
I just reached out to Dan to ask him those questions along with a few others. I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

Teege24

Reaction score
Let me check with the wife that these dates work.
So is this $200 including finger prints?
I'm assuming I need to bring my Foid card, anything else needed?
Also anything else that would need to be done on my end, or do we pay for this class and the instructor takes care of everything else?
what he said ^^ as well as what start and end times were you thinking? I have prior engagements at 5:30pm both those dates but I can try to move those around

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
The way I understand it is as long as the person is a certified IL firearm instructor when you start filling out your paperwork, you use the instructors information to verify that you completed the course. You don't need to go to any specific location as it's based upon your instructor.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions as I am interested in taking CCW classes.

Once we go through the class, pay the fees, pass, we are most likely going to get the CCW permit?

Forgive my lack of knowledge. I was under the impression you had to go to a specific location in Chicago, 2 days in a row, 8-10 hours each, take written exams, shooting tests, etc. in order to get it.

Do you also have to be a marksman to get a CCW, or is this the actual training course required for a CCW?

Thanks for the help.

[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] can provide more insight on the marksman question but see my quote below:

Requirements Prior to Applying for a Concealed Carry License
close
ILLINOIS RESIDENTS
16 hours of Concealed Carry firearms training provided by an ISP approved Instructor.
Electronic Copy of my training certificate(s). You will be required to upload your electronic certificate during the application process.
An Illinois State Police User ID and Password
A Valid Driver’s License or State Identification card.
A valid FOID card unless in the process of getting a valid FOID card.
A head and shoulder electronic photograph taken within the last 30 days.
Be able to provide the last ten years of residency.
Fingerprints – Electronic fingerprints will expedite your application! Specify to the Live Scan vendor that your fingerprint application is for the Concealed Carry application (ORI = IL920707Z, Purpose Code = CCW).
NOTE: Applicants will be assigned a transaction control number (TCN) at the time of fingerprinting and will be required to retain that TCN to complete the application.

$150.00 payable with a credit card or electronic check.

The test is:

Live fire qualification with a concealable firearm consisting of minimum of 30 rounds which must include 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Illinois State Police.
These classes offered by Dan are part of the requirements in order to apply for a CCW/CCL Permit for Illinois.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=7280]Grabber[/MENTION] [MENTION=4078]Teege24[/MENTION]

What would the cost for the class be?

$200

What do we need to bring with us?

If you want to take notes, pen/paper. Eyes/Ears + Ammo (At least 30 rounds, recommend 100, just incase you need to shoot twice) If you have a holster and your own gun, bring it.

Will there be rentals available if you do not own?

There will be guns available for the shooting part. If you need ammo, bring your own or buy from Dan.

Does the price include finger printing?

Does not include finger printing, but printing is not required (only expedites the process of the application for CCL)

Location?

In the Woodstock / McHenry area. If there is a more "central location" for all of us, he's not against using that location.

Time?

8a-5p. Usually finishes around 3-3:30 (based on how long lunches are).

Once class is locked in - 50% non-refundable deposit over the phone, rest due first day of class.

Can pay with Chase quick pay, paypal or call w/ credit card for the deposit, all the previous or Cash for the last $100.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
I still need confirmation from anyone interested that these terms work. The title of the thread will be changed to include "CONFIRMED" once we are locked in.

I have 2 others with me, and [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] included- 4 total so far.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
[MENTION=127]wombat[/MENTION] - thanks for the info.

Anyone here have a CCW? if so, how long did it take to get after this class?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Depends. If you send in prints, its a bit faster 90 days. If no prints, then probably will take up to 120 days.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Do fingerprints from a TWIC id count?
Don't worry about that until AFTER the course! Take the damn course!

FWIW - they have to be completed by a "Live Scan" vendor. Maybe if the vendor that did yours was part of that and can do what the information above says? I dunno though.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
sure did, Dan showed me my certificate ready to go while picking up a transferred firearm but need to complete day 2 :rofl:

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
Got done talking.... We can't do it now, too much other stuff to buy since we moved to new house. I mean the class for both of us plus 2 license application fees equal about a $1000 bill. I need to buy a lawnmower before anything lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom