CCW Belt Question

ITL Cobra

Reaction score
Hey -

What belts are you guys using for CCW? The one I have works great for the Glock 43 and the Sig 238 I carry but looking for something a little stronger..

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
I’m running a Bullhide Belts gun belt, it’s a really high quality thick leather belt.

I recently tried the Kore Essentials trackline reinforced gun belt but went back to my Bullhide’s belt. The trackline is really thin and stiff which caused the edges to dig into me causing discomfort but it was nice having the minute adjustments.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
I picked up the belt Black Rhino sells. They had a few when I picked up my holster. It's the click style buckle and you can cut it to size. Super durable and worth the money.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Also have the Kore. Great gun belt and i agree on the track system, it's awesome. Bought a regular belt with the track too. Never going back to regular belt holes

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I wear Grip6. Extremely light and thin belt that's durable and holds up. It's a dual layer of military webbing that has a break strength of 2700 lbs (so they claim). They have so many different buckles (wood, aluminum, carbon fiber (which I have), and a different colors or designs.

Grip6.com

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to link a pic of my belt. This is what my wife got me.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I wear Grip6. Extremely light and thin belt that's durable and holds up. It's a dual layer of military webbing that has a break strength of 2700 lbs (so they claim). They have so many different buckles (wood, aluminum, carbon fiber (which I have), and a different colors or designs.

Grip6.com
Is this even a gun belt??

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I've been using a cheap desantis gun belt for almost 2 years and it actually works pretty well, but the buckle is bulky. I'm going to order a Kore belt i think

I use a Kore:

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

They're just the right thickness and sturdiness.
The previous one I had was way too thick, but this Kore is perfect.
I also like the track design. Much better than holes.
Also have the Kore. Great gun belt and i agree on the track system, it's awesome. Bought a regular belt with the track too. Never going back to regular belt holes
How do you think this would do with a heavier gun? Would it start to bend if you're going to carry something like a full size p229 with 2 spare mags for range days? Looks great, but kind of thin

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
Is this even a gun belt??
Technically no, but, it does work great.

This is from their FAQ page:

Grip6 FAQ said:
Can I use the Grip6 Belt for Carry?
We designed the Grip6 belt to be an everyday minimalist belt and it wasn’t originally intended as a utility belt. We have quite a few customers who have tried it and say it works great, but we haven’t done any extensive testing.
I actually use it for my carry piece. Belt stays tried and true. Does not faulter, does not loosen. Where I tighten it, is where it stays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom