đź”– Deals Cash-starved Sears is putting everything on sale

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I can't believe people shop us. We are completely irrelevant to the consumer. Our own employees don't shop us. :D

Sales overall, vs. our own forecast that we set the month prior are down 40% on average and that's after trying to factor in reduced sales for lack of performance. Which yes, we suck at forecasting, but still... :D

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I can't believe people shop us. We are completely irrelevant to the consumer. Our own employees don't shop us. :D

Sales overall, vs. our own forecast that we set the month prior are down 40% on average and that's after trying to factor in reduced sales for lack of performance. Which yes, we suck at forecasting, but still... :D

Are you just riding it out till the end, or looking for something in the meantime?

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Are you just riding it out till the end, or looking for something in the meantime?

I go through surges where I send out a lot, then go dark for a few weeks. In the interim, the instant rejections come back and depress me.

As long as the checks keep clearing!

Yea, but at what point do I need to worry about that. :D

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Man this place is falling apart...

After all that rain last night, there are about 100 trash cans and recycling bins along with wet floor signs scattered throughout the common areas to collect water that is leaking from the ceiling. Half the lighting is off in the building (or maybe just burned out), and most of the lighting in the parking garages are out. So at night, you feel like you're minutes away from an a$$ raping at any given point in time.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
This place is huge. 5 buildings with an interconnected common area, a bridge across the first floor in building B, two parking garages, multiple lots, etc. Technically we own all the land between I-90 and 72 and 59 to Beverly Rd. We're on the NW section of that.

Rumor has had it that they have been shopping the building around and would consolidate all of us in to the E building (If anyone looks on Google Maps, it is 1 of the 5 on the SW corner of the complex and maybe building D (connected to E and running N/S). They would then close off the bridge and sublet B (where I'm at now), out to someone.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
QFT!

The cafeteria (what's left of it anyway) is in that previously mentioned E building. I'm all the way at the north end of the B building which is the one going N/S and the farthest north building. It's a walk. :D

My secret shitter is in the catacombs of building G. No one is there. Facilities comes by and cleans it about 4:30 every day, other than that. It's pure silence.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I wonder who would buy a campus like that if/when it goes up for sale. I know the campus we are at now sat vacant for like 9 years or something until we bought it and renovated it. Your place is probably just as big as ours.

I believe the mcdonalds campus is turning into condos or apartments... So likely something like that again.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I believe the mcdonalds campus is turning into condos or apartments... So likely something like that again.

I've heard that rumor here too. Turning it in to a retirement home. There is plenty of space to walk in this complex. It's all interconnected. It's almost like a big mall and then they can go right to their room to sleep.

My old building on Shuman in Naperville has been vacant since 2014. It was one of the old Bell/Lucent buildings off of Naperville on 88.

Last I read is that they were going to make it more like a startup incubator to attract millenials.

An article in Crains not to long ago was talking about how the corporate suburban sprawl that took place years ago (Sears obviously being one of them), is reversing itself, not only here in Chicago, but other cites, and that all those corporates are moving back in to the city, so all these large real estate complexes are virtually worth little compared to what it was a decade or two ago, and now there is a surge in them. Just along 90 alone you have the old Motorola complex in Schaumburg, then a little further west the AT&T complex, then us... More demand than need and no one to fill them.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
So Sears doesn't take AMEX anymore eh?

ss.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info