CASE Learn?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
A friend of mine from another forum is putting a "custom" PCM in his SSEi and will then need a Crankshaft Position System Variation Learning Procedure performed on his car. Most of the time dealer service centers are a PITA when asking for this and claim they will have to re-flash your PCM or want a ludicrous amount of money for a procedure that takes less than 10 minutes. Does anyone on here have access to a Tech-II? I've also heard that you can do this with HPtuners or a snap-on scanner. Any help is appreciated.

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
Security Learn Procedure.
This takes 1/2 hour to complete, follow the instructions exactly:

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale (light), after approximately 10 minutes the telltale(light) will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes
(the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlockâ„¢ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).

Important
The vehicle learns the Passlockâ„¢ Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlockâ„¢ Sensor Data Code and/or password).
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
Quoted from DHP PowrTuner

Crankshaft Position Variation Learn
-----------------------------------
This control allows the service community to enable the crank angle sensing error learn algorithm (CASE), which calculates the reference pulse correction factors for the misfire diagnostic.

The crank learning process, once armed, will monitor the engine speed and when it is within an aplication specific calibratable window (typically 4000 to 5000 RPM) will shut the fuel off and collect reference pulse data. When enough reference pulse data is captured, the crank correction factors are calculated and stored in EEPROM or equivalent memory.

Before starting this test, please be sure to engage your parking brake, set the shifter into 'P'ark, depress (and hold) your brake pedal, and wait for your vehicle to get up to operating temperature. Then click 'Start'

Allmachtige

STOP! Just stop...
Mar 12, 2008
Aurora, IL
Its me looking for the CASE learn. I typically run into these types at dealers.

The GM dealer I usually go to was closing and the guy I talked to didn't seem to understand what I wanted and wants to charge $99.

On my old '98 SSEi I just went to a GTP owner in Chicago off Harlem road. He has a Snap-On and I can't remember his name for the life of me. I met him at Byron Dragway one day when a Chicago club was out there. All I can remember is that he had a highly modded Camaro in the garage.

Darkshadow how do i get in touch with Justin? Mundelin isn't that bad of a drive for me, but I wouldn't make it there till 6:30pm on a weekday.

FastKatt where in Rockford are you? I work out of the Trust Building downtown and I'm pretty sure I've seen you're car. Its the only black GTP with black rims I've seen. If I'm thinking of the right car you went past me at a good pace on route 2 going north on my way to work one morning. ;)
When is this meet and what do you charge for a CASE learn?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info