I wish we could still see signatures I’d totally put that in there

903593BB-C52E-4E72-99F1-0F29D7AFEAE1.gif

Reactions: Blood on Blood

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Yes. Bear with me. I am trading in my car with them also. The process happens. Day 5 I do not want the car. They ship my trade in back or is that a separate transaction? Since I have never used their services I don’t know how it would go. I am just super anal retentive when I shop for a vehicle.
I bought brand new, $10k off sticker, and 0% financing. A no brainer in my book. Little did I know that the value would plummet worse than any vehicle I have ever owned which made trading it in a huge negative equity situation. Car was actually very good until now, 160k miles later.
Great question. I did not roll anything in. I believe it was a combination of them discontinuing the hybrid and vw values in general dropping because of deezil-gate. The same dealer that sold me the vehicle appraised it at $2500 when I still owed over $10k. I never keep vehicles this long but have been forced to drive this car into the ground. No way was I financially going to roll all that negative equity into a new loan. $1k or $2k no biggie....I have VW Herpes.

What do you owe and what did Carvana offer you for the car?

Its a what year Jetta hybrid with 160k miles?

I'm down to figure this out, cause I'm guessing its not VWs fault given the facts you've laid out lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
What do you owe and what did Carvana offer you for the car?

Its a what year Jetta hybrid with 160k miles?

I'm down to figure this out, cause I'm guessing its not VWs fault given the facts you've laid out lol
So I was going to create a thread about my experience with this car. It goes beyond the value or lack there of. I was going to see what caravana would give me for shits and giggles once I get a chance. The details are: $35k sticker, $10k off, financed just under $27k for 6 years at 0%. I owe $6k right now. When the same dealer only offered me $2500 over a year ago is when I was diagnosed with VW herpes ?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So I was going to create a thread about my experience with this car. It goes beyond the value or lack there of. I was going to see what caravana would give me for shits and giggles once I get a chance. The details are: $35k sticker, $10k off, financed just under $27k for 6 years at 0%. I owe $6k right now. When the same dealer only offered me $2500 over a year ago is when I was diagnosed with VW herpes ?

something doesn't add up

did you buy it new in 2017?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

brand new, 2015, if you bought it in june 2016, now your math would make sense. i think.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
What year is the car and when did you buy it?

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
It’s a 2015 Jetta Hybrid that I bought early 2016. Car is minty. I was rear ended with minor damage so maybe that’s why the value is not good? That’s the only thing I can think of.
Well since this isnt a truck and you put ~35-40k on it a year, I'm not sure how this is anyones fault other than plain old common sense. I'm honestly not sure what you expected, but you definitely got your moneys worth on the front end of things.

Sure the car is worth more than what you've been offered, but honestly they are throwing out like we'll see how desperate you are type numbers, no one is gonna buy that car from a dealer and its a huge question mark for them to invest. I'm sure you could get more private party, at least more than 2500 lol, if you were trading vs selling outright you'd probably get more too from a dealer

This would probably be the same case with any car you would have bought other than maybe an accord/civic or camry/corolla. I'd have taken the VW all day for that money/payment/features over those other cars

I love you GLADIATOR GLADIATOR , your posts/complaints are always a nice treasure hunt to dissect

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info