Carvana to Boost Capacity, Betting Online Car Sales Are Here to Stay

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I know I look at their site just for shits and giggles. I find their inventory limited TBH.

Is there some framework on what cars they will put on their site? Meaning age, mileage, condition. Usually you only see fairly newer which I bet are probably fresh off-lease vehicles.

Is the vending machine in Oak Brook done yet?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I know I look at their site just for shits and giggles. I find their inventory limited TBH.

Is there some framework on what cars they will put on their site? Meaning age, mileage, condition. Usually you only see fairly newer which I bet are probably fresh off-lease vehicles.

Is the vending machine in Oak Brook done yet?

:rofl: yeah man, they don't carry 15+ year old 140k mile GM's. we know.

majority if not all of the carfax's i looked at for the vehicles i tirekicked, were privately owned and not leased.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
i would absolutely purchase a vehicle online from carvana. without a single doubt.

you do know you can return it no questions asked within 7 days, right?
Yes. Bear with me. I am trading in my car with them also. The process happens. Day 5 I do not want the car. They ship my trade in back or is that a separate transaction? Since I have never used their services I don’t know how it would go. I am just super anal retentive when I shop for a vehicle.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yes. Bear with me. I am trading in my car with them also. The process happens. Day 5 I do not want the car. They ship my trade in back or is that a separate transaction? Since I have never used their services I don’t know how it would go. I am just super anal retentive when I shop for a vehicle.

how the hell did you wind up with that vw then?!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
No not that. I mean I know a few weeks ago, I looked up CTS's. There weren't very many. Same thing with Charger's. Very limited selection.

cts's are lame.

but looks like they have 140

1616081572357.png

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
how the hell did you wind up with that vw then?!
I bought brand new, $10k off sticker, and 0% financing. A no brainer in my book. Little did I know that the value would plummet worse than any vehicle I have ever owned which made trading it in a huge negative equity situation. Car was actually very good until now, 160k miles later.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I bought brand new, $10k off sticker, and 0% financing. A no brainer in my book. Little did I know that the calue would plummet worse than any vehicle I have ever owned which made trading it in a huge negative equity situation. Car was actually very good until now, 160k miles later.

i have 0 fucking idea how you could buy a brand new car, 0% financing, $10k off sticker and ever have a "negative equity" situation. did you roll something into it? sign up for some rustproofing? wtf happened man

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i have 0 fucking idea how you could buy a brand new car, 0% financing, $10k off sticker and ever have a "negative equity" situation. did you roll something into it? sign up for some rustproofing? wtf happened man

like 32k new MSRP 10k off 7.5% taxes let's say, 400 in bullshit, makes it 24k ish otd. 0% lets say you'd go 60 mos on with 0 down is $400 per month. which year 4 or 48 payments in you should only owe 4800 or less... and that should have been a year ago at least. anything running driving and half clean is worth at least 5k.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I bought brand new, $10k off sticker, and 0% financing. A no brainer in my book. Little did I know that the value would plummet worse than any vehicle I have ever owned which made trading it in a huge negative equity situation. Car was actually very good until now, 160k miles later.

Wasn’t the vw a left over model year? It was already worth 15k less that’s why u are buried now and u drive a shit a load don’t help.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Great question. I did not roll anything in. I believe it was a combination of them discontinuing the hybrid and vw values in general dropping because of deezil-gate. The same dealer that sold me the vehicle appraised it at $2500 when I still owed over $10k. I never keep vehicles this long but have been forced to drive this car into the ground. No way was I financially going to roll all that negative equity into a new loan. $1k or $2k no biggie....I have VW Herpes.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Great question. I did not roll anything in. I believe it was a combination of them discontinuing the hybrid and vw values in general dropping because of deezil-gate. The same dealer that sold me the vehicle appraised it at $2500 when I still owed over $10k. I never keep vehicles this long but have been forced to drive this car into the ground. No way was I financially going to roll all that negative equity into a new loan. $1k or $2k no biggie....I have VW Herpes.

well no shit the dealer was gonna ass ream you :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I normally don’t buy new vehicle unless I lease but at the moment my girl wants a Range Rover velar, BMW X3 or Benz glc normally I’d buy something like that used but I’m not over paying fuck that. I’m better off buying a new or depends on the lease payment.

yeah i just saw a used 540i that was out on lease on another site, 18k miles msrp was 68k new, price was 33k. hnggggggggnggfuck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info