Cars that shouldn't be on the street

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I will say this I probably think this every time I see a Contour rolling around. I mean I had the 4 cyl auto one and I"ve heard good stuff about the SVT ones but my god you want to talk about an example of everything wrong with domestic econoboxes in the 90s it probably would be it in my mind.

It's the one car I would absolutely be like "eeh no" about ever owning another one of. Even the Volvo with its pain in the dick breakagaes would leave me going "mayyybeeeeeee......." if I saw one for sale that was the right price.

a coworker of mine had the Mercury version of the Contour. The Mystique. He called it the Mercury mistake :rofl:

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
My wife’s old 98 Honda Civic that she had when we first met should have never been on the road. The speedo only worked occasionally and odometer showed 279,000 mi. It probably had well over 350k on it. Only 2 of the 4doors opened, at one point it was wrecked and the tie rod must have snapped and was all booger welded back together. The front bumper was held on with an intricate bunch of steel rod reinforcements, the exhaust fell off twice. I used leftover pipe from the Mustangs stock exhaust to piece it back together and the engine leaked from everywhere and best of all it constantly burned coolant and small amounts of oil and the coolant tank was always filled with oil. She was told when she bought it it needed a new engine but had no money for any other car. I used to dump used oil in it as it leaked and burned off and in the summer kept it topped off with tap water and winter dumped coolant in it. Oil was never changed on it as it disappeared after a couple months anyhow so I only changed the filters on it a couple times a year. She finally gave up on it when The rear brake lines rusted through and something on the rear suspension broke and had a wheel all cambered out and made tons of noise. She drove this car for 4 years with a blown head gasket. I figured it would blow up before anything else put it out of service But that damn engine kept going and always started. Fucking thing had an engine light on all the time except for the month we needed to take it to emissions test and somehow it shut off and passed with flying colors.. lol. Shit was more reliable than the Mustang I had. lol.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
This thing was pretty clean.
20200326_180523.jpg

Reactions: v6buicks and Maro

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
The Hispanic community is doing everything humanly possible to keep Chevy Astro vans in existence.
And so is my Dad. He just traded up to a new (1995) astro van with low (180k) miles on it lol. He actually just drove it from Chicago to Texas Sunday. Sleeps in the back on the way down. He's retired now, does handyman stuff and its his perfect vehicle. He's your average old white dude.

Reactions: Jon01
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info