🗓️ Event Cars & Coffee | Two Brothers Roundhouse | Every Sunday starting April 14th

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Doesn’t look like we will make it to cars and coffee Sunday. We rescued a 5-6 month old puppy today.

IMG_3930.jpg

Flip

Mar 11, 2022
Sugar Grove, IL
I got told I couldn't park in the upper lot even though there were a ton of free spaces. I just turned around and went home. lol
Yea, I gotta talk to the guy who “controls” the lot. He has a tendency to try to over control things, I got there at about 1015 and saw spots in that lot and was like why the fuck are those open? When did you get there/what were you In?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yea, I gotta talk to the guy who “controls” the lot. He has a tendency to try to over control things, I got there at about 1015 and saw spots in that lot and was like why the fuck are those open? When did you get there/what were you In?
Was he the bigger guy? He was........ Not polite. And that's me being polite.

Parking was kind of a mess, as everything was blocked off and if you tried to avoid driving all over the place, you got yelled at.

Flip

Mar 11, 2022
Sugar Grove, IL
Was it a bit more crowded with the holiday weekend?
I would say yes, but a lot of people were in and out pretty quickly, I’m assuming because there were a lot of shows that day and people were making the rounds. I definitely heard people talking about bouncing around all day. In total, throughout the morning, I’m going to say there were about 150-200 cars that came through

Reactions: guspech750

Flip

Mar 11, 2022
Sugar Grove, IL
Was he the bigger guy? He was........ Not polite. And that's me being polite.

Parki was kind of a mess, as everything was blocked off and if you tried to avoid driving all over the place, you got yelled at.
Yea, the bigger guy. I’m actually kind of glad to hear this because I’ve never really agreed with him when it comes to blocking everything off and trying to “assign” spots. It’s my event, not his, I can pull rank on this easily.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yea, the bigger guy. I’m actually kind of glad to hear this because I’ve never really agreed with him when it comes to blocking everything off and trying to “assign” spots. It’s my event, not his, I can pull rank on this easily.
Please do. Everything was blocked off. It was confusing where to go and Turk Turk legit got yelled at for not knowing how to read.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Dude seemed overly stressed imo so I’m not going to fault him for being short with people. Just seems like an excessive amount of care for a free car show. Let people show up and park wherever they want.
Ya, agreed there. We got there at 9 and it was already filling up fast. It's not fun to try and direct ?

Reactions: Flip

Flip

Mar 11, 2022
Sugar Grove, IL
Please do. Everything was blocked off. It was confusing where to go and Turk Turk legit got yelled at for not knowing how to read.
I will definitely bring it up. He thinks that blocking off those two ends of the upper lot makes it “better for people to walk around” since there aren’t cars constantly driving through that section constantly (which I kinda get) BUT he’s never listened to me when it comes to putting up signs in the right places to warn people about what is blocked off/give direction on where to enter. Every time I see people pull into that entrance by the train station and they have to turn around, I get pissed.

We do like to fill the upper lot first so there is more street exposure, but I agree that it shouldn’t be blocked off like that.

Reactions: blue-sun

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I will definitely bring it up. He thinks that blocking off those two ends of the upper lot makes it “better for people to walk around” since there aren’t cars constantly driving through that section constantly (which I kinda get) BUT he’s never listened to me when it comes to putting up signs in the right places to warn people about what is blocked off/give direction on where to enter. Every time I see people pull into that entrance by the train station and they have to turn around, I get pissed.

We do like to fill the upper lot first so there is more street exposure, but I agree that it shouldn’t be blocked off like that.
I actually don’t have an issue with that entrance being blocked, it made sense once we got in. It was the convoluted amount of signs and cones once you got in on the other side.

Reactions: Flip and Mook

Thread Info