Cars and Coffee | Yorkville | Grace Coffee and Wine - April 25

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Ok Mook Mook, I'm taking the initiative on this, let's hope it doesn't blow up in my face. LOL

Where: Grace Coffee and Wine, 42 W Countryside Parkway, Yorkville IL 6056
Day / Time: April 25, 2021, starting at 9am

I'm going to try and schedule these as I can, mostly based around my personal schedule and of course, the Formula1 schedule. If we get a decent turnout, I'll try and get one per month when there's no race.

I have NOT run this by Grace Coffee and Wine yet, I'll try to head over there/call one day this week, but I can't imagine they'll turn business away. I may not go there to ask and just see how the turnout and if we have any issues.

Let's make sure and park in the lot at 404 Countryside Parkway, Yorkville IL 60560 which is a strip mall with doctors offices and whatnot, which should be empty on Sunday's.

I will be cross posting this to my IG and on the IllDub Facebook group as I know there's a handful of IllDUbs out in Yorkville surprisingly. There's also 1 performance shop that I know of in the area that I have not stopped at, but I do follow on IG, so when I post it there later today, I'll tag him and see if he'll come out. He always has cool cars in front of his shop, but it's mostly the Nissan VQ platform that I've seen there. - http://thaitaniumperformance.com/

There's some good local spots near to Grace's for food or beer.

Some of my favorites:

The lots actually connect, this is just an old Google Maps picture. They have a drive thru that wraps around the building on the side that faces the lot I marked up.

Screenshot 2021-04-19 134430.png

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
If anyone from the north comes down 47, you'll drive past Raging Waves, the largest waterpark in IL. Our old place was across the street from there.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I know alot of people don't know about or come to Yorkville. Before we moved here from Arlington Heights back in 2007, I had never heard of it. Wife grew up in Marseilles, IL and I grew up in Des Plaines. Her dad used to work at the old Caterpillar factory in Montgomery down the street from us. When we got married and started looking for a house, we couldn't touch anything beyond a small condo in the Arlington Heights area back in 2006 and we wanted someplace a little slower pace and Yorkville was as far west as I agreed to go. I can see the stars at night and I can get to the city in an hour on a good day, so it's best of both worlds.

I know I seem like the Poster Boy for Yorkville, we got stopped in 2014 while walking into Lincoln Park Zoo with the twins one cool late summer day and ABC News was there filming for one of their promos and we both got interviewed. They asked us to say a bunch of stupid things like "I always check ABC before heading out the door, etc" and had us say some basic stuff. I thought nothing of it until that following winter (Dec 14/Jan 15) and I started getting tagged on FB and texts from friends, I guess I made the cut for the promo.

So I'm the 3rd most famous fat guy from Yorkville, behind Andy RIchter and Dennis Hassert

After that commercial aired, I emailed the Mayor and asked for an honorary key to the city or street named after me. He told me he'd make sure they plowed my street in the winter, so I guess that's a good consolation prize.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Reactions: blue-sun

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'm actually friends with En the owner of that shop and I work with him, but I won't be able to make it. If I see him at work I will see if he's planning on coming. He's a good dude but I know he's super busy too. I will definitely try to make this in the future though.

Reactions: blue-sun

Thread Info