Cars and Canines - Dog Park Gathering

Interest in attending a Canines and Cars event? Multiple choices allowed

• Yes, I would likely attend with just my car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I could do photos of pooches and automobiles and post them on TCG later

• No, my dog (or myself) is sort of anti-social and doesn't do well in groups

• No, this event isn't inclusive of my cat, camel, or honey-badger so I will stage a protest

• Total voters

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Would there be any interest in dog and car enthusiasts having a get together at a dog park in Plainfield this spring/summer/fall? I know not everyone wants to get dog hair in their pristine show cars, but your most loyal friend ever would probably enjoy the ride and a day of romping around with other dogs owned by fellow TCGers. Perhaps a decent photographer in our group would be able to get a bunch of shots of your pet posing in front of your car if desired. What, you thought all models posing in front of cars had to be sexy babes? ;)
55680172_10218835220971860_919920520936292352_o.jpg

This dog park is free with no registration required (pets should be vaccinated, healthy, and dog/people friendly, of course). It features 2 fenced in areas (larger section for all dogs, smaller section for <30 lbs). This wouldn't be the place to bring an aggressive, anti-social, or unfriendly dog, unfortunately. I'm there on a weekly basis with my pooches and it's a nice setup with responsible dog owners. Need to bring your own water, though. There is a rudimentary restroom and a playground at the other end of the walking trail if you were to bring kids.

The parking lot is large and paved, and the park is about a mile from I-55/Rt 30.
There are typically soccer games there on Saturdays starting in April, so perhaps a Sunday afternoon might be best? Actual date to be determined later, but open to suggestions.

Location: Clow Stephens Park in Plainfield: https://www.plfdparks.org/location/clow-stephens/

87496548_10221762904522119_5611071418683883520_o.jpg

There is also a nearby fantastic casual restaurant with a dog friendly patio and a solid beer selection with hearty meals for hitting on the way home.

This would be quite weather dependent, of course, but wouldn't really require much planning unless we want to get something like bandanas for the dogs to mark them all as part of our group and to have a souvenir from the "event". This could perhaps be a good event to share on Facebook and increase the exposure of TCG as well. There are a ton of dog owners out there that are also car enthusiasts, and this could be our way to reach out to them.

So, who would consider being part of this so we can get an idea of the interest level? Please select in the poll (and if you can do photos).

Reactions: taws697 and Mook

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I could conceivably try it, Nikki is not an unfriendly dog. But she is older, and definitely less tolerant of hyper dogs that get in her space. She's tentative and interested in any dogs that cross our path on walks. But I have seen her snap at other dogs that continually get in her space.

Her deafness doesn't help so anyone that approaches from behind is liable to get a snip if she's startled.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Thread Info