šŸ„ Health Carnivore Diet

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i strained my arm a bit, muay thai still mostly ok but gym stuff is a lot more limited. have largely maintained wait since arriving in thailand, so going on slight diet now. not tracking any macros yet, but have reduced weekly smoothie bowl consumption by one and reduced my triple cheeseburgers to doubles, and have swapped in some thai 7-11 ready go dishes that are pretty good and whose calorie/protein values i know vs. on site meals from my complex's kitchen that are super tasty but certainly contain more oil/sugar. also replaced some lazy youtube in bed time with youtube while in an exercise bike in the facility gym too. down a pound so far, will try and keep this up a bit and get more lean. been 2 weeks and arm is still annoying, hopefully that goes away by the end of next week.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Good deal I've generally been eating less cuz diet but it's really made me realize how much I was over eating.

You ever get foods made by CP? I met one of their leadership people the other day. Big deal over there.
yes but less frequently, i don't think they make any of my go-tos. typically they are a bit more processed type snacky things i've noted. i think i might have a frozen shrimp wonton thing from them occasionally.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Not doing carnivore diet, but I'm doing a fairly restrictive calorie intake. Dropped 30lbs since may, am at 211lbs now. Was 238lbs in May.

Walking about 6.5 miles every day (in about 100 minutes). And occasionally doing 30m of exercise bike cardio 2-3x a week for 30m @ 140bpm+. The bike reports I covered bout 11-12 miles in that 30 minutes.

Didn't even get a scale till just under 2 weeks ago, so I don't really have any weight data before that.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
keto isn't really the food, it's if your body is in a state of perpetual ketosis due to you creating glucose from fat rather than your dietary carbs. you may be in this state for a bit during your fasting periods, although that is temporary and as a result of not eating, regardless of the macros in your diet. if you get bored with the protein shakes, i've really been enjoying my ninja creami and protein ice creams. you should measure weight as something like a rolling 7 day average, if you're losing 0.5 every other day though that is pretty good. how are you going to eat after your goal though? the same way or in a way that may make you add much of the weight all back?

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Yes I know I was using Keto as a quick way to say 'low carb, high protein.'

I'm not sure how I will eat once I hit my number, I'd be able to increase calories so I would do that. Knowing me I'll experiment.

Yesterday I got busy and missed lunch, so I had a double cheeseburger I grilled + chips and I still lost weight. The carbs in the bun and the chips were not a big deal. But this is not an ideal way for me to eat, I don't like how I feel if I wait until 5pm to eat. I like to eat around 2/3pm and then again at 7pm.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Yes I know I was using Keto as a quick way to say 'low carb, high protein.'

I'm not sure how I will eat once I hit my number, I'd be able to increase calories so I would do that. Knowing me I'll experiment.

Yesterday I got busy and missed lunch, so I had a double cheeseburger I grilled + chips and I still lost weight. The carbs in the bun and the chips were not a big deal. But this is not an ideal way for me to eat, I don't like how I feel if I wait until 5pm to eat. I like to eat around 2/3pm and then again at 7pm.

meh i wouldn't use it as shorthand for that. i don't even think keto is considered all that high of protein, but high fat. higher protein than a standard diet due to limited food choice, but it would still not be high enough protein for people aiming at something like bodybuilding goals.

how do you know if you lost weight yesterday? your body fluctuates a ton based on how much dookie you're filled with, water for various reasons, etc. this is why something like a weekly average or 7 day average is much more useful in assessing diet, especially if you eat the same things repeatedly.

i leaned out a lot last year eating almost daily triple cheeseburgers. i still eat a lot of dinner burgers now, was basically maintaining at triple but went to double to lose weight, since not only is beef fairly fatty but this dude is grinding his own meat and they are 85% lean at most. my beef options if i try to get anything from a small island thai grocery store are quite limited and they don't even say the percentage so i typically am doing chicken if i make something myself. i actually toss the bottom bun and eat it with a knife and fork. for a side i used to do a corn cup from 7-11 since it was super easy/lazy, although now i don't typically do anything. if i was you i'd look for something quick and simple as a single heat up meal like some individual frozen veg packet or something. avoid chips/fries. if you do fries, count out the amount and make them in an air fryer.

particularly if you plan ahead, and make smart substitutions/make a lot of your own stuff, you can get away with eating practically anything. i have 1-2 servings of some kind of sweet bread or cake loaf or a brownie every day. i have a pint of ice cream every day. i have cheeseburgers half the week. i'm down roughly 1.5 lbs from last week simply by switching some triple cheeseburgers to doubles and having a few more omelettes instead of smoothie bowls, which i don't prepare, just buy, and are full of nuts/butters/fats/calories but fuck they are too delicious for me to fully give up!

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Yeah so Friday I did have a double cheese burger with bun and a good size portion of potato chips and still lost weight, kinda how I ate when I was in my 20s.

Yesterday I had 2-scoop protein shake w/water around noon, ran around, got hangry around 5:30. Then had greek style pork with a small side of peas and 2 big portions of salad with asian sesame dressing.

I know it's not weight fluctuations because I cracked 208 today, so I lost ~ a pound since Friday, 209.8 Friday, and 208.8 today. I am traveling for work wed-fri, so we'll see how that goes, I'm betting I'll go up because I'll be trying to figure out how much I can eat and drink while on my feet a lot hobnobbing with industry contacts and flying.

But at this rate I'll hit 200 in a couple of weeks!!

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Just had my first check up and blood work in 6 years:

Your liver, kidney, electrolytes, sugar, and blood cells are all normal
Your cholesterol is normal,
LDL which is bad cholesterol is normal!
No Diabetes
Prostate is normal
These are very heathy labs
I will call you in a bit to discuss, please let me know if any questions.
Dr R_____

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Damn I forgot to mention testosterone, I'll ask him if they can check that from my results.
If you want a testosterone blood panel donā€™t get it through a GP doc. Get it through a clinic that specializes in it. Thereā€™s a TRT thread on here

GPā€™s really donā€™t know anything about hormones (just like they donā€™t typically know much about nutrition)

I like meat, but being a diabetic, I was recommended not to go full carnivore because when you go meat only, you're missing a lot of nutrients, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. And you're getting very large amounts of saturated fat. Though I order Ozempic online and take it regularly (it also helps me lose weight), my current diet includes fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. I eat meat but in moderate amounts.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Back on it as of today.

1680225077087.png

Reactions: Z28Camaro

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Bump. I'm debating on going back to strict carnivore.

I tightened up my IF, my kryptonite is eating at night and I've reined that back in.

I think I'll see what I get to just with strict IF (16:8) as well as avoiding sugar, and then see if that's enough. Probably not but we'll see. I've been really shit about walking I need to get that into a habit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info