šŸ„ Health Carnivore Diet

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Mariano's rotisserie chicken, I ate it all but it's a little too much might not have lunch tomorrow:

1660181173368.png

• Wow
Reactions: cdh027

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I tried to calculate the calories for this, they advertise a weight of 32oz and I figure that's at least half bone? I roughly calculate it was a 2000 calorie meal. I was full 3/4 eaten but finished it but did not pick over the carcass.

Woke up to a 1 lb loss, so I finally broke my stall which has been doing for a couple of weeks I was mostly up 2-3 lbs.

I'm going to continue to watch calories, max of 2000 on an average basis, and continue to phase in more chicken.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I tried to calculate the calories for this, they advertise a weight of 32oz and I figure that's at least half bone? I roughly calculate it was a 2000 calorie meal. I was full 3/4 eaten but finished it but did not pick over the carcass.

Woke up to a 1 lb loss, so I finally broke my stall which has been doing for a couple of weeks I was mostly up 2-3 lbs.

I'm going to continue to watch calories, max of 2000 on an average basis, and continue to phase in more chicken.
It's in MFP, and just eyeballing it 1400 cals looks about right

Obv there will be some variability here but that's OK

1660243016962.png

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I just lifted while fasted. I feel horrible lol.
iirc studies show poorer lifting (volume? intensity?) for those on keto diets, although it sounds like you may not be on keto, nonetheless you have fairly low carbs coming in which are the most primarily readily available source to turn in to energy. so i might blame that more on lack of carbs than OMAD? either way, may as well down a protein shake or a banana or both or something before your workout. OMAD seems to have the greatest benefits around anti-cancer formation, around losing weight, it is simply a version of calorie restriction. you may as well pop in 100-250 calories prior to a workout if your workout is garbage without it - the quality of that workout is going to much more valuable to you than losing fat slightly quicker.

Lose the weight first then work out. Easier.
this is terrible advice. i would give it only for the situation i was in where i bet money on losing weight. when you lose weight your body doesn't just take it from fat. it will take it from muscle unless you signal to your body you are using it. also the more muscle you have the larger your basal metabolic rate burning calories while watching netflix on the couch. so you should keep working out to tell your body to leave the muscle alone, or possibly grow it.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
So since May have dropped 29 lbs (244 > 215). But the last several weeks I have gained and lost the same 3 lbs due to vacation and some other trips. I'm not complaining about it, I tried to eat as carnivore as I could but when on long multi-day trips it became difficult.

I want to get under 210 by the end of the year.

Thread Info