šŸ„ Health Carnivore Diet

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
No I'm lifting to get more muscles and to increase strength.

I don't think I could do 500 calories very often I'd be grouchy af. My wife sometimes does 5:2 fasting which calls for something like that for 2 days.

I'll try 1000 for a daily goal and see how it goes. Thanks for your input.

Once I hit target weight I'll have to try some strategies to stay lean.
Are you talking about consuming only 1000 calories a day or being in a 1000 calorie deficit? I think sickmint79 sickmint79 was saying he shoots to be -500 a day and he couldn't do -1000. Not that he consumes only 500 a day.

If you're only consuming 1000 that seems a bit extreme

Reactions: ldyzluvdis06

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Based on the comments I see on FB in 98K member Carnivore group I'm in, we are already doing better if we are 20 lbs overweight vs many who are 80-100 lbs overweight. I'm surprised how many of my local car friends are 275-325 lbs, they don't really look it.
I'm currently at 240 and on the way down to 235.

By the official charts in the doctors office...I'm "obese".

You've seen me, I don't think I fit the description....lol

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I'm definitely a fad diet guy for sure, but I think the positive is I've learned a lot in the last 5 years about Keto and all of the other strategies (WW, etc).

Usually my fall-off triggers are Halloween, T'giving and Xmas, no surprise. I think I'll limit how much candy we buy for Halloween and plan to run out of it rather than end up with 3 extra jumbo bags like we did last year.

I'm betting I'll like how I look at 210 based on past experience and I think 200 will be a struggle to maintain.
in the end you need to pick up healthy habits (go to the gym monday, go for a walk tuesday, etc.) make sensible substitutions (americano instead of pumpkin spice latte) and be pretty reasonable with food options (triple cheeseburger on the weekend, not every day) and that will go quite far and be sustainable.

Based on the comments I see on FB in 98K member Carnivore group I'm in, we are already doing better if we are 20 lbs overweight vs many who are 80-100 lbs overweight. I'm surprised how many of my local car friends are 275-325 lbs, they don't really look it.
maybe them be beefy bois with muscle under there too. i have a hard time estimating weight after some point.

Are you talking about consuming only 1000 calories a day or being in a 1000 calorie deficit? I think sickmint79 sickmint79 was saying he shoots to be -500 a day and he couldn't do -1000. Not that he consumes only 500 a day.

If you're only consuming 1000 that seems a bit extreme
yah this, i was talking about 1000 deficit being the most i'd personally do. which i would also probably get to by eating a fair amount but being active to create the gap. 1000 a day as intake is quite low for anyone.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my calorie estimate in thailand before i went home. might be overestimated but i ate a triple cheeseburger most days for dinner, had a protein brownie almost every day, pancakes, smoothie bowls, was eating a lot. but also did muay thai and walked many places.

222372601_10108995641629169_5945273374359754849_n.jpeg

here is a basal metabolic rate test i did, where my calories consumed were lower than what the popular calculators on google estimated. they basically have you rest after not eating 4 hours, measure your breath for 15 minutes, then project from there. the way you lose fat is you actually breathe it out.

226622659_10108995649403589_2895242312432202218_n.jpeg

i thought another reading showed lower but here's a dexa scan, where despite going straight up ham eating whatever the fuck i wanted my last 2 weeks in thailand, plus eating absolutely everything on my flights home (i tried most every item in the lounge and most of the american and japanese menus, like non stop eating), plus then staying with my parents and my mom feeding me everything, i still ended up with a measured 9.2% body fat here.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 2.56.15 AM.png

and some slight body dysmorphia i guess, i had a body fat % scale (not the cheapest) that said i was 17%+ that i always assumed was wrong, thought i was probably 12%, and was wondering when you really get pretty obvious abs and figured i had a lot of visceral fat to still work off in my gut. this despite even knowing everything about lighting/flexing/effects on abs in pictures and all. i was surprised to see i was as lean as i was, then also that i didn't have the visceral (bad) gut fat that i thought was like making my stomach stick out. in reality? no, that's just fucking normal internal guts, i barely had any registering fat there at all. and i definitely had abs when flexing. i think the people that still have them when quite relaxed either are just genetically lucky, or have always been really slim and have built up some abs so they become very obvious while also never eating much to have their internal organs do much. although i think you often feel like shit at this body fat percentage, or even the lower amount i'm sure i had in thailand, i still felt totally fine because i was still eating a ton, just burning it off too. i did this all on a totally deficient amount of sleep, which i still have now. am back and i get 4-6 hours, 6 at absolute best (weekends only). i'm moving in a week to somewhere i think will help with this. really you do want to get 7+ though as sleep is great for muscle building/fat burning/normal metabolism, as well as just overall health (eg. anti-cancer stuff). i'm stronger now than when i left, but fatter too (heaviest i have been) - i will probably try and cut a bit starting october to see what i can return back home with (december) and go get a dexa scan again.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
2000-2300
what will make this easier is if you plan the day or week beforehand. that way you're not like uhh what will i eat today? what will i have left? you can just be like on mwf i'll have the salad at chipotle with chicken and tomato and etc. and t th i'll have the buffalo chicken bowl from x... if you have things planned out and you largely eat the same routine, it will be easy for you to adjust based on what you see on the scale as well. eg. guess you should take off avocado from the chipotle salad or do half cheese etc. (easier the more you cook at home and measure exactly what you make)

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I'm thinking I try 1800-2000 and then see how that goes.

Right now it's a little tricky for me to balance counting carbs and calories and hit optimum protein.

20 net carbs + 1800 calories + 190 protein grams is eating very very clean. I think like Sick said before I'd have to add in a protein shake to hit the protein.
Chicken is a high protein/lower cal to help hit your goals.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
what will make this easier is if you plan the day or week beforehand. that way you're not like uhh what will i eat today? what will i have left? you can just be like on mwf i'll have the salad at chipotle with chicken and tomato and etc. and t th i'll have the buffalo chicken bowl from x... if you have things planned out and you largely eat the same routine, it will be easy for you to adjust based on what you see on the scale as well. eg. guess you should take off avocado from the chipotle salad or do half cheese etc. (easier the more you cook at home and measure exactly what you make)
100% I would either plan my whole day the night before, or while I ate breakfast. That way, there was no wandering around the kitchen or pantry trying to figure out what I can or can't have, and saying fuck it and eating shit food.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I'm thinking I try 1800-2000 and then see how that goes.

Right now it's a little tricky for me to balance counting carbs and calories and hit optimum protein.

20 net carbs + 1800 calories + 190 protein grams is eating very very clean. I think like Sick said before I'd have to add in a protein shake to hit the protein.
imho i'd put in zero effort counting carbs, it's just making a more onerous difficult restricted diet to stick to. especially if it's just for the diet and not more of a lifestyle change. i target protein and calories and let the rest fall where they may. carbs are a better source for energy than fat and iirc there's multiple studies showing increased gym performance for people not on keto. if you're in a deficit, you'll be losing body fat, regardless of how many carbs you ate for the day, 20 or 200.

Reactions: Pro Stock John

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Yeah I'm thinking I dial up the chicken and source additonal fats. I have been cooking with beef tallow and duck fat.

I'll need to dust off my chicken brining and marinade skills, chicken breast fresh out the package is bland as hell.
Enjoy butter, olive oil, and if you need extra fats just get some MCT oil

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Thanks! I didn't have the charts like 'mint does. I used intermittent fasting and stuck to the two meals a day menu more when I was losing weight. On Keto, I had almost no carbs which made a big difference for me. Plus the Keto fats kept me from being hungry. I eliminated beer and late night snacks which also helped a lot. 18 hours fasting each day and then 2 high fat meals spread out over 6 hours (usually around 2 PM and then 7-8 PM). It was a regimen just not charted to 'mint's level.

Thread Info