Carmax is hiring! Mechanics, Detailers, Sales, etc...

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Jobs at CarMax

We have locations nationwide, and new dealerships opening as well. Carmax is one of Fortune 100 Best Companies To Work For from 2005 through 2014. If you're on this site, put me down as a reference when you fill out the application. I don't do the hiring, but it helps to list that you know someone, and I'll put in a good word for you. Good luck!

Dan Hoekstra
Buyer
Carmax Naperville

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I know most of the people at Naperville. There are a couple of Pauls there. What position is he in and what kind of car does he drive? Not all of the applications make it through the screening process. I got hired doing sales first, and then moved to buyer in training to get into the buyer position.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I opened the schaumburg store in '98 as a salesman. Started there when it was still under construction, and went through all their BS sales training there. It was fun for a while. Had lots of laughs with the other sales people, but sales were shit. It was hard to make money there. The buyers have cake jobs though. I only lasted a year or so. No demo and you had to wait in line to take an up. I left that when I went away to school.

MM.Junior.

Regular
Mar 14, 2012
What exactly is a buyer? And what is an inventory associate? I need to get out of my current gig, and have heard good things about working at Carmax.

I show a buyer part time in Tinley and inventory assoc. both full and part time in oak lawn, both are close for me.

Input?

Thanks, nick

Inventory is pretty mush a porter. Moving cars to different zones, prepping them when theyre sold, making sure the cars are in the right zone/parking lot etc.
Buyer is well, in a nutshell, people who buy vehicles for carmax to resell them later. Carmax is a USED car dealership.

And if anyone is thinking about applying usually its good to know someone for reference. And they drug test so...yeah lol. But once you're in, you're in until you either quit or do something absolutely worth getting fired at.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Inventory is pretty mush a porter. Moving cars to different zones, prepping them when theyre sold, making sure the cars are in the right zone/parking lot etc.
Buyer is well, in a nutshell, people who buy vehicles for carmax to resell them later. Carmax is a USED car dealership.

And if anyone is thinking about applying usually its good to know someone for reference. And they drug test so...yeah lol. But once you're in, you're in until you either quit or do something absolutely worth getting fired at.

Thanks for the info, definitely going to apply. Been at my current place for 7 1/2 years and don't see any advancement anytime soon so it's time to leave.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
11.5 years and still counting. If you would like to move it's a great company to. As some of you may remember I went to North Carolina in 05 and came back here 6 years later. Transfer was easy as could be. Plus new stores opening at the rate of 1 a month for the foresable future.
Naperville btw. I taught Dan everything he knows......or like to think I started him off right....lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info