• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Carb swap on my snow blower woes

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The replacement carb I ordered does not appear to have the choke rod, whatever you call it, attached. And I don't see how you move it from the old to the new. The Amazon link said it was compatible.
Anyway, I cleared the old fuel from the bowl and put in fresh gas, no start.
Next I may see if I can clean the jet inside the old carb.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
20210130_110108.jpeg

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The rod on the old carb looks to be integrated into the carb itself.

It's called the choke knob shaft, and the replacement doesn't seem to be compatible with mine. Now I have to see if I can source one locally. I'm even having a tough time finding the exact one I need on Amazon.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Those China carbs off Amazon are junk, I threw one on my 3 wheeler and it ran like complete shit, I kept adjusting it and trying to get it to idle and run right but it wouldn’t run without the choke on, I ended up cleaning the original carb and stealing the orings out of the China carb and now the thing runs perfect, there’s almost no parts in a carb like that watch a YouTube video on how to clean it and throw the gaskets from the new car into the old one and send that junk back

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Great success!! It took a few cranks, but it finally came back to life. There's a little kink in the idle, but maybe that will sort itself out as it runs longer. All it cost was $2.70 for a can of carb cleaner and $6 for a tool that was supposed to make it easier to remove the hoses. I'm returning that other carb I bought.

The first time I put it back together, I had fuel dripping from the bowl. I took off the bowl, readjusted the rubber seal and that appeared to fix it.

Thanks for the advice TCG, I knew I could count on you!

I feel so much manlier today.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info