• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Car wont shift until 5k!

twiztid

Reaction score
While at the track the other night, I noticed that when I would let off the throttle, the lights would dim and the car would occasionally die. I could tell the car was definitely not running right, so I let off during my 1/4 mile pass. Now, when I try to drive normally, the car will not shift until I push it up to approx. 5k rpm. It will also not shift from 3rd to 4th. I considered the possibility of a bad alternator, so I swapped on a spare that I have. The problem did not change. Any suggestions?

If it helps any, I was trying to use n2o, but it appears that my n2o setup is still not functioning correctly.

Jamie231

Reaction score
does your trans shift at all? or does it seem to stay in one gear?

rob

Reaction score
Are you using a mini-A/F. I heard that the can cause shifting problems cause of the change in HZ's is proportional to the engine load and subsequent shift pionts.

This is what I heard and theroreticly makes sense. I never experienced this phenomina but if you have or can rule out a transaxle problem (vale body issue) It may be another direction for you to go look.

Chales is very knowlegable in this area.

twiztid

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jamie231@Aug 16 2004, 02:02 PM
does your trans shift at all? or does it seem to stay in one gear?
The tranny will shift, but its never until I hit 5k rpms. It will also not shift into 4th. I am pretty sure that it is something electrical.

I am not using a mini afc. I think it has something to do with the n2o that I was trying to use that is not functioning correctly.

twiztid

Reaction score
yes, but the box was not functioning correctly, so it is activated by a WOT switch instead of being tapped into the TPS wire.

twiztid

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jamie231@Aug 18 2004, 12:26 AM
see if you have a p1870 stored in the PCM...
If it was stored in the pcm, would it show up when I scan for trouble codes? I am asking this because I just did a scan for trouble codes, and none showed up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom