3800 Car surging in third gear and around 40mph

Like topic says, the rpm's will surge if I'm accelerating normally around 40mph and rpms go between 1500 and 2000. First and second gear shift fine but when I get to thrid and fourth gear the rpm's surge. If I floor it, it shifts fine. It will do this for a few seconds till I get to 50-55mph. I've also had Mr. Vogel tune it a while back and it's ran like a champ up till now, so I know that's not the problem.

The trans seems to be in decent shape so I'm ruling that out. I think it's a fuel problem. I need to clean my air filter and I'm probably due for a fuel filter change. What else should I look for to trouble shoot this? Yes, yes, I need a scanner, and that would help me a ton.

Any suggestion? Thanks!

Jeremy

I

imported_Ron Vogel

One is just below the fuse box on the frame rail, you can follow the neg lead from the battery to it...it's a pathetic ground. The other grounds the trans harness IIRC and it's on the opposite side frame rail right below the cruise control.

You need to wire brush the ring terminal, and skuff up the paint off the chassis for a good connection.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list