Car shakes violently on the highway

So I hopped on 88 this morning at Naperville Rd, which was most recently repaved so it has that type of surface that makes your car vibrate a little when driving. Well today when I hopped on and merged in and the car just started shaking like a mofo:fu:. I honestly thought I had a flat tire, but I knew I didn't because it would be vibrating and pulling to one side. I stayed on for a few miles and it would almost stop sometimes and then start up again. Now, I know that my outer tie rods have some play in them and need to be replaced, but would something like that be the cause? Only other thing I can think of is that my tires are not balanced properly, but it never did this until today, so unless somehow one of my wheel weights got knocked off I can't see it being that. What do you guys think?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I replaced the whole rack with a used one from morad and both outers.

When I just replaced tie rods first I just measured from the threads on the rack to the tie rod end (the taper part that goes in the knuckle) and matched the new ones up. Never got an alignment and the car tracked straight and no odd tire wear :dunno:

it actually re centered my steering wheel too :rofl:

No it was only when I was cruising. I got off the tollway asap and hopped onto butterfield and it was fine up to 50. I would have tried to see how it did going faster but there was a cop creepin. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that it's a new road too and it has a lot of those small little bumps in it, but nonetheless it was a wake up call i gotta fix this shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• AlmightyBirdman
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list