car selection help

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I second the 5.5 gen maxima (02-03) with the VQ35DE. IMO it was the best Japanese made Maxima they built before they started building them in the US with the 6th and 7th gen Maximas.

On the other hand, you can get a higher mileage 03 G35 sedan with a 6MT and RWD for around the same price as the Max. No FI options though on either car.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Maxima.

G35 coupe is good but probably expensive. The sedan just looks so....boring and ugly in comparison.

The sedan is the same exact car except, 2 more doors and weighs less. The coupe looks great no doubt. But just give it another year or two for all the ricers to infest and ruin the G35 coupes.

But I also think the maxima would be better, especially in the winter.

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
May 10, 2009
NorthLake
Wow this really blew up while I was asleep. I LOVE srt-4's but after driving a regular Neon with basically the same dash components I realized that dodge really failed at interior design. It looks just to blah on the inside. But, still not going to knock it off my list cause of that.

I will have to take a look at these 5th gen maximas.

And golf gti are only two door, which is really not good for me right now seeing how I'm hauling around my nephew quite a bit.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Wow this really blew up while I was asleep. I LOVE srt-4's but after driving a regular Neon with basically the same dash components I realized that dodge really failed at interior design. It looks just to blah on the inside. But, still not going to knock it off my list cause of that.

And golf gti are only two door, which is really not good for me right now seeing how I'm hauling around my nephew quite a bit.
Ummm what? Both MK4 and 5 gti's came in a 4-door.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

I dunno how opposed you are to station wagons, But I've heard that the SAABaru's are getting cheaper (9-3X I think they are called?) Nice interior, 5 speed, Turbo, AWD, 4 doors....

Obviously I've already made my Bias toward the Maxima clear I'm sure :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info