• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

car selection help

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
Reaction score
So I been thinking about selling the fireturd and getting a new daily driver, but I cant seem to find a car I like and that fits under my criteria, at least browsing through craigslist. I want a manual 4 door car with a turbo/supercharger option and less than 70000 on the ticker. My price range would be less than $7k. So far the only thing I can think of is a4 1.8t but I heard that its a shoot and miss kind of car, meaning I either by an a4 that runs good for a long time, or I buy on that needs a lot of maintenance work and parts are supposedly expensive. So what do you guys know that my fit under my criteria. Kinda wanna stray away from sc 3800 and try something new.

Intel

Reaction score

Importsnrice

The tech kid!!
Reaction score
My friend just got an SRT4 for a steal with 80k on the clock. Nice car. He got it for just around that price. Look around craigslist and something will pop up!

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
Reaction score
What sites are out there to look at listings. I use cars.com, autotrader.com, craigslist, carmax, ebay.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I second the srt-4. Fits everything you want, gets decent mpg's and they sound awesome (like a dump truck)

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
I know its not super/turbo charged, but have you looked at 2003 Nissan Maximas?

2003 SPECIFICALLY was the first year of the 3.5 in the Maxima, but the last year of the 'older' bodystyle which I like quite a bit more than the 04+'s. It is lighter, came in manual, and had some pretty serious kick to it.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score

2003 SPECIFICALLY was the first year of the 3.5 in the Maxima, but the last year of the 'older' bodystyle which I like quite a bit more than the 04+'s. It is lighter, came in manual, and had some pretty serious kick to it.

You have the gayest taste in cars. He wants something fun and manual....not something a 50 year old woman would drive.

PANDA

Reaction score

02 was the first year of the 3.5 in the maxima...

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
L O L.

even though i <3 Nissan.. yea a maxima doesnt really sound like what he was asking for.

better than a wagon. :s00ls:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
SRT-4 is a solid option. If you're looking for a little more upscale feel, try the Jetta GLI.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
srt4's can be had for DIRT cheap and are a blast to drive. make sure to find one w/ the viper seats.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
You can get a 50-60k mileage 04/05 for under $10k. That's a steal and a half imo

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
You have the gayest taste in cars. He wants something fun and manual....not something a 50 year old woman would drive.
Have you driven that generation of Maxima with a *6 speed? they are a blast. 255hp, A decent size, comfy, can be had in that price range...

02 was the first year of the 3.5 in the maxima...
Yuppers, my bad. And the body style changed in 05 it turns out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom