car misfire???

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
i just notice this today that my car is running really crappy at 1500-2000 rpm. it sputter and feel like it doesn't want to move unless i really floor on it. i was messing with panda on the way back from byron and i can't believe panda pull away from me twice. i was also having this same problem during the dyno at dean's too. i think the cracked plug boot have something to do with it. i'm gunna put the stock wire back on and see if that make a different. anything else i need to check beside the wire?? the plugs are new and gap and i know they are ok.

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
Are you SURE you dont have a cracked plug?

my buddies old gtp did exactly what yours is doing and sure enough cracked plug.

i think i found the problem. #2 wire boot was split bigger than before and the clip inside the boot was missing. must fell out when i changed the plugs. i replace the msd #2 wire with stock one and that seem to fix the problem. idle better and didn't get that sputtering at 1500-2000 RMP. now it's time to go destroy panda and his blue gp, lol.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
they are OLD. i bought them since 2006 on club gp. the guy i got it from said he bought them used. i think i'm gonna have to get the prj one cuz the stock will be a problem like before. since i have pacesetter the #2 wire boot will touch the rear header and melt like last time.

The pacesetters dont tend to melt around #2, but do around #4. First ive heard of that. Have you tried to spin or move the wire at all.
You can use boot protectors(which will eventually burn through as well if it just rests on the rear header for long enough) or you use a ford style 45* boot(with stock wires).

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
coated or uncoated pacesetters?

I have a coated set and run accell extreme 9000 series wires and boots. The boots have some coating on them that is supposedly VERY resistant to heat. The boot touched ever so lightly on the #4 primary, and the boot has always looked damn near perfect.

Although the suggestion above with using a 45* boot would work just as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info