Gaming Car Mechanic Simulator 2021

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Wanted to try and get the engine finished up on the wagon tonight, but.......got a little distracted. :ROFLMAO: finished up a customer car I had sitting around the shop, and I'm actually quite intrigued by that car. Might have to keep my eye out for one...... But I haven't done a full junkyard raid in a while, so......I went and spent about 3700 in junkyard parts. Which is a LOT of parts. And I was able to repair most of them. I probably need to go do another raid tho and pick up a bunch of un-repairable parts so I can bring them back and salvage them, cuz this engine build I'm doing for the wagon is burning thru my friggin salvage fund w/ all the parts I'm upgrading on this engine :ROFLMAO:

Did find a couple more body panels for my wagon tho!!!! getting so close to a complete body.

Might jump back in after I eat something to do some more work on the motor........maybe.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
My Junkyard prizes from earlier. Finally got a trunk!! And a drivers side fender!!!

GiE7OoY.jpg

Q4pldly.jpg

And I couldn't go the night without doing at least SOME work to the engine, so I got the front side assembled

bPXlY4c.jpg

You can actually buy "performance" versions of the power steering pump and alternator, so I did, but I have not upgraded them w/ my salvage yet. Trying to save that for some other parts. But If I ever try going for max power on this thing I will go back and upgrade those. Only items I was able to pull out of my storage was the timing cover and water pump. Everything else was purchased

Moar bettar

QYyso6c.jpg

Thats it. I'm showing INCREDIBLE restraint tonight :ROFLMAO: maybe the burnout has finally begun.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
sktchy sktchy3.8 you buy this yet? :ROFLMAO:

Decided to close the shop for a couple nights. Havent touched the game. Was starting to feel like a 2nd job :ROFLMAO: Will definitely jump back in this weekend. i am so close to completing the engine in the wagon.
I have not but I saw it up on there for like 18 bucks a couple weeks ago. I've been playin wonderlands a little bit here and there but otherwise been too busy fixin shit in real life and not making money at it anyway ?

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
We have ourselves a complete engine boys!

i5HLRtx.jpg

hn7lGon.jpg

Painted the engine head covers black for now, that will likely change once I decide what color I actually wanna paint this car

The coil packs, fuel rails, throttle body, exhaust manifolds, fuel filter, clutch plate, pressure plate, and flywheel are all performance parts and upgraded everything to the max except for the coil packs for now because I'm running really low on scrap salvage at this point and I still need to do my exhaust :ROFLMAO:

UekROad.jpg

Trans and driveshaft is in

wgyJKec.jpg

God I am so excite.

0VWczkv.jpg

At this point I basically just need to install the exhaust (which will be all performance and hopefully I have enough scrap left to fully upgrade it all), I need a fuel tank and fuel pump (the pump will also be a performance part), and then I just need to dump some fluids in and this bitch will be ready to fire into life!!!

Reactions: sktchy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Was working on another story job earlier and for the hell of it decided to strap my VR2 headset on for a bit :ROFLMAO: I mean its not a VR game, but in big screen mode it makes it look like you're playing the game on a giant screen. You really do get to get up and personal w/ everything. Definitely not going to continue playing the game that way, but it was a fun little experiment for a little bit

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Shop clientele is starting to look up

dOpj35N.jpg

Also........it has happened. Got the exhaust installed on the wagon. all performance parts, all upgraded to the max. as well as a fuel tank and performance fuel pump, also upgraded to the max.

0GI4NO3.jpg

HLHpoFo.jpg

Filled her with fluids and she fired right into life, so its the moment of truth. Dyno time

nFmcpET.jpg

And the results.............
mwsALJW.jpg

Like................WTF WTF WTF :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I didn't know what to expect out of this build, but I was NOT expecting this :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: *And also keep in mind I havent even TOUCHED any tuning yet w/ my laptop, I have no idea how much more power I can unlock there, plus there are still performance parts that I can upgrade with more scrap, so there is still more to come out of this engine.* Took it out to the airstrip for a quick shakedown. I'm still on OLD shitty narrow stock tires, and I discovered AFTER my air strip run that this thing was WILDLY out of alignment, but god damn. Unfortunately due to the gearing, this thing tops out quickly at 187. I'll have to do some research, but I dont THINK there's a way to swap in another trans or change the gearing.......which is unfortunate.

But now all i have left to sort out is my wheel/tire combo (i feel like thats gonna take a whole night of experimentation), complete the body panels I'm still missing, along w/ all the glass/headlights/tailights, which will all be bought new, along with probably the missing body panels I still need since I havent had any luck finding them at the junkyard or in barns, then I still need to get the interior sorted out, and figure out what color I wanna paint this thing. I have some ideas.

I fucking love this thing

W0sZEtT.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well I wanted to try and get a wheel/tire combo locked down tonight. I think I at least figured out what sizes I'm going to run. Tried going w/ a 345 in the rear :ROFLMAO: but the tops were just clipping thru the fenders. so I found out I could JUST about fit a 315/35R19 in the rear w/ a 19" wheel and ET: 0 with no clipping. For the fronts, I think I'm going to go with a 265/45R19 w/ a 19" wheel and ET: 15. I COULD maybe go w/ a little more ET in the front, but really, I think its just about good where its at.

This was the first wheel I tested out while I was getting sizes dialed in and I gotta say I don't entirely hate it. But really I think the tires sizes are about where I want. Just wanted to try and fill in the wheel gap in front since you cant lower cars.

vK4yw1S.jpg

upby9ZE.jpg

LuAAJGa.jpg

Once I got the sizes about dialed in I tried several other wheels, and immediately hated all of them as soon as they were on the car. :ROFLMAO: Honestly..........I'm STILL thinking sawblades are the way to go here. I'll try some others next time Im in, but, I mean. And the tires I was using are "race tires" but there are also slicks as well, which im thinking Im going to NEED. So I may use another setup for slicks as well.

i5VAa9g.jpg

zNpZFN9.jpg

AqCd8f6.jpg

ikFgFZW.jpg

Bob Kazamakis Bob Kazamakis help me out here :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: RedBeard and sktchy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I have a problem :ROFLMAO:

Was raiding a barn tonight. Found this Daytona and decided it was coming back to the shop w/ me

cBn4m58.jpg

NkH7qnO.jpg

9UW1qwF.jpg

It's not exactly "rare", I've seen several others in barns, the junkyard, the auction site, always knew I wanted to pick one up at some point, decided that point was now. As always, I tend to look for cars where the body panels and interior are in pretty good shape, and having all 4 wheels is always a plus because at least you know the suspension is complete. Also has a mostly complete engine, and everything was more or less DECENT enough.

They wanted $32,036 for it, which I'll be honest was a bit of a tough pill to swallow, but I could more than cover it, so I said fuck it. Got it back to the shop, and before even TOUCHING it, if I were to sell it right away, i'd already be making a $3042 profit on it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SLBYyOl.jpg

What other car could do that? I knew I'd made the right choice. Got it into the wash bay, and she cleaned up

really-nice-cousin-eddie.gif

i8Mh3Z6.jpg

LmBmTjv.jpg

So then I set to work stripping off every body panel I could, the wheels, and i stripped off the supercharger, throttle bodies and intake manifold

mCv8XIn.jpg

And was able to repair all of them completely. Put everything back on the car, and I color matched the one mismatched fender so at least it was all the same color again

MaRnAd8.jpg

And after all that, my profit on this thing is now $12,556 and I definitely don't have that much into it :ROFLMAO: Think it was $1500 to repair the body/frame, $100 to paint the fender, and whatever it was for the repairs to the misc body panels and parts/wheels I stripped off, I think i have maybe $3k into this so far

Z9n4fYf.jpg

So that was my distraction tonight. Plan is to chip away at this car little by little. Repair/replace what needs it and make it a complete and running car again. Not going crazy or putting any performance parts on it. Not really gonna keep track of what I spend on this car, as long at that profit is still in the green when I'm done thats all I need.

I DID pull the Hellcat out of storage, and did a few more little things in the service of trying to get that engine started, but she still wouldnt fire. I have no idea why. Yeah theres some bad parts on it, but nothing that should completely keep it from firing. I have to be missing some really simple. But it doesnt matter. Maybe one day I'll tear into that motor if I can get everything else off my plate. I keep forgetting I still have that fucking cop car too, that I've done absolutely NOTHING to yet except for wash it :ROFLMAO: Still trying to figure out what to do w/ that one. I want to restore it to its cop car glory, but I don't know if I'll rebuild the engine thats in it, or swap it something else....

Jesus I am so glad I do not have the ability to do any of this in real life.

• Haha
Reactions: sktchy and Aircal

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
WELP. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Purchased the custom trans for the wagon tonight. Interestingly, you can select how many gears you want in the trans, from 1 to like 8 or 9 I think. I went with a 7 speed because I did a little research and tried to model my gear ratios as close as I could to the actual Bugatti Chiron Supersport 300+ :ROFLMAO: Also pulled the trigger on the sawblades for my street tire setup. The trans actually improves performance even slightly more, and I of course upgraded it to the max, so I re-dyno'ed the car again and I think I'm up to like 1588HP now :ROFLMAO: Went back out to the airstrip, and...........new top speed record is.......
nG8sU2k.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: REALLY wanted to hit 250, but its a little difficult to get this car moving....but once you do....

And I am SO glad you can't damage these cars when you're out driving them, because I pretty much had to keep the throttle pegged until I basically drove straight into the barrier at the end of the runway. I wast still only in 6th gear at this speed, and it was still pulling.

Fucking crazy :ROFLMAO: I still have more parts in the engine I can upgrade, and I can still tune the car, but APPARENTLY I have to purchase the drag race DLC to unlock ECU and Carb tuning. Which I was planning on doing anyways once I got this car all dialed in, cuz I need to go break some hearts w/ this thing and make some money. I just need to get the body and interior finished up and the rest can follow. I wonder if the drag strip DLC has any LONG stretches I can drive on. Cuz I need a lotta fuckin space w/ this car now. I'm also gonna have to think about maybe trying to set up an additional 3 or 4 speed trans for this thing for drag racing, along w/ figuring out my slick tire/wheel setup for that. So much more to come w/ this thing.

Wonder what DeMuro would think of this thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info