Car Market's Dropping - What are you eyeing

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Those LT based trucks seem alright but the afm also seems to be an issue and things are far more expensive parts wise and tuning. I’m sure it’s fine if the truck was taken care of.

The 5.0 still has phaser issues but they seem easy enough to live with or replace yourself (if no warranty). Also seems like the phasers don’t just fail but rather sound like trash and throw codes but more common than afm failure.

I think the ford wins for cab room by a land slide and the 5.0 sounds good. Both are hard has hell to find a 6.5’ bed though with a crew.
Unless the phaser is physically broken, switching to heavier oil fixes the rattle sound and stops them from throwing codes most of the time, I’ve never had the issue personally currently on my 4th 5.0

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I have a bad habit of my tastes outgrowing my budget, before I buy anything lol.
Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
They do but just because Porsche had a “record year” doesn’t mean that if was due to the 911 line. I was more curious if there were more turbos sold.
Luxury car companies had a record year. They sold more vehicles than ever. Good for those of us waiting on the used market.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Saving for a house right now, so not looking to get a loan on anything except a house.

But, I've seen several cars I'd definitely consider jumping on.

Several times have seen C7Z's in the 50's with decent miles. I also found a Alfa Giulia Quadrofolio for $45k the other day with not bad miles.

I mean,2018 Giulia Q: $38k, for a 29k miles 505hp 4dr sedan is super tempting.
View attachment 147007

During the riots in the cities the local dealer was discounting these and the Stelvio heavily.

I regret not getting one. Charismatic , sweet driving cars, the Alfas.

Anyway I’m still looking for a truck. Leaning towards a Ram 1500 Limited for the comfort but also like the idea of a 5.0 F150 RCSB with a blower.

Also wife is looking to replace the family hauler. Maybe this summer, maybe further out depending on how the market looks. She likes the Aviator but they’re still priced pretty high for a low mile CPO.

Either way I need one of these to be able to tow ~ 4k lbs regularly.

Reactions: Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I'm all over the place, as usual.

It's largely going to come down to whether or not we move and get a mortgage again.

Bored with my TDI Passat and thinking about sending it down the road but it's so cheap to operate that my inner Jew just can't let go.
If we don't move I might make this happen. Or relegate it to wifey duties as she doesn't care. I'd put her A6 on a lift and use it for our highway car.

Potential replacements:
RCSB F150, 5.0/Whipple.
Duramax 1/2 ton Denali - would think about sending my LBZ if we went this route.

I also am seriously thinking about sending my C10 this spring once the market turns around and replacing it with a HC redeye but they gotta come off the stupid pricing list.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Those LT based trucks seem alright but the afm also seems to be an issue and things are far more expensive parts wise and tuning. I’m sure it’s fine if the truck was taken care of.

The 5.0 still has phaser issues but they seem easy enough to live with or replace yourself (if no warranty). Also seems like the phasers don’t just fail but rather sound like trash and throw codes but more common than afm failure.

I think the ford wins for cab room by a land slide and the 5.0 sounds good. Both are hard has hell to find a 6.5’ bed though with a crew.

i likely see more ford's that setup than gm's.

Reactions: Jon01

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info