car is misfiring nasty style at anything under 35-40% throttle.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
k so leaving school today, my pricks is misfiring at idle a lil bit, which it has been forever since i put the turbo kit on it, and it seems to be sort of common.

except leaving today, it didnt stop.

almost to the point of dying, except when i get above around 35-40% throttle... but just a nasty misfire...

where do i start? i have AL 103s in it right now, and my first bet right now is they are fouled so i am going to swap em out for tr6's... any other ideas or does that sound ok?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
yeah there is no rear o2 in my car... i know its the front one, but it is a more recent o2 sensor...

i am running rich on occasion... i read somewhere that 01s+ have something in their tunes to where they run super rich until they recognize the cat is working or, until a certain percentage throttle is hit... im pretty sure that could be it, cuz i could be cruising at like 14.8ish and then itll just be at like 10-11 outta nooowhere.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Kevin, did you check fuse 21? Really sounds like that might be your issue. I wouldn't lean towards plugs/ wires if the problem just popped up right away.

I have pretty common misfiring issues with my setup too but I'm running 20k old 103's and even still it's just at idle and it's really mild.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ignition Control Module. I believe it's the piece your ignition coils sit on that has that electrical connector that goes on with a 7mm or something tiny like that.

:werd:

Kevin, did you check fuse 21? Really sounds like that might be your issue. I wouldn't lean towards plugs/ wires if the problem just popped up right away.

I have pretty common misfiring issues with my setup too but I'm running 20k old 103's and even still it's just at idle and it's really mild.

i forgot that... i tried to text you the other day asking what fuse to check... but must not have your current number... but i will check fuse 21 tomorrow morning.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
i am running rich on occasion... i read somewhere that 01s+ have something in their tunes to where they run super rich until they recognize the cat is working or, until a certain percentage throttle is hit... im pretty sure that could be it, cuz i could be cruising at like 14.8ish and then itll just be at like 10-11 outta nooowhere.

I've never ran into that problem on my 02, but the solution is to change the Code to no error reported, or just allow the code, but make it so it doesn't trip the MIL

Take it out and run it under a MAP torch for about 60-90 seconds then... until it gets nice and red on the end. That'll at least clean it out and give you an idea.

Be sure to reset fuel trims too after the plugs! :D

Werd, especially if the bearings in your turbo leek a little bit of oil, it will foul the 02, you can also use Carb cleaner to blast the 02 clean

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Merry Christmas:

url

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info