car is breaking up need some advice

03SonicBlueSNAKE

Reaction score
ok here we go having some problems with the car lately its breaking up on me every time i go into high boost, the pulley setup is 2.93 on the top and 4 on the bottom thats on stage 4 ported eaton, i dont know why but the boost goes all the way up to 20psi, the car has full exhaust thats why im suprised of the boost numbers, i change my plugs but its keep on doing the same thing, i even drop the gas tank today and removed the pprv, no change, could the boost bypass valve be broken, any ideas ?

01SVT19

Reaction score
Sell it!!!! That car is bad luck from the start. :nono:

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
Who tuned...?
Datalogged yet?
What fuel mods you have...?
Is it hesitation or a break up?

OP

03SonicBlueSNAKE

Reaction score
Flatliner said:
Who tuned...?
Datalogged yet?
What fuel mods you have...?
Is it hesitation or a break up?
it has a diablo sport tune but it was never on the dyno
no datalog
focus pumps and mafia
and is breaking up

OP

03SonicBlueSNAKE

Reaction score
RD SNAKE said:
Get it dyno tuned!!
true that, but i reallly dont want to spent 600 bucks for the tune so i thought meybe someone here had a similar problem

01SVT19

Reaction score
03SonicBlueSNAKE said:
true that, but i reallly dont want to spent 600 bucks for the tune so i thought meybe someone here had a similar problem
When did you get a port job Greg? Theres the problem. Most people like to get it done right the first time. You pay for what you get right?

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
03SonicBlueSNAKE said:
thats the same mentality that will leave you on the side of the road with a blown shortblock

01SVT19

Reaction score
MGT2002 said:
thats the same mentality that will leave you on the side of the road with a blown shortblock
Agreed.

OP

03SonicBlueSNAKE

Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
When did you get a port job Greg? Theres the problem. Most people like to get it done right the first time. You pay for what you get right?
no and go fix your clutch so meybe you could keep up with some gt

OP

03SonicBlueSNAKE

Reaction score
MGT2002 said:
then learn from your mistakes and get it tuned properly :dunno:
the tune could be right cause the car does have a diblosport custom tune in it and i checked the air fuel ratio with a wide band and it look good. maybe its a ignition problem or something. i thought maybe some one had a same problem. i was asking for suggestions not some smart ass comments!!!!!!!!

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
well then heres my suggestion. take it to a good speed shop that knows what they're doing with these cars (consult one of the many sponsors of this site). have them throw it on the dyno, check the air/fuel, and datalog it and if somethings wrong see if they can correct it in the tune, i.e. have it custom tuned. if that doesnt solve the issue then it is an actual problem with your motor but i'm betting its not

Since 1964

Reaction score
You really need to get it tuned. I know it's expensive, but there are too many things to go wrong that a good tuner will be able to clean up.

Shane97Cobra

Reaction score
03SonicBlueSNAKE said:
the tune could be right cause the car does have a diblosport custom tune in it and i checked the air fuel ratio with a wide band and it look good. maybe its a ignition problem or something. i thought maybe some one had a same problem. i was asking for suggestions not some smart ass comments!!!!!!!!

Just because the A/F looks good doesn't mean the tune doesn't have too much timing. While the breaking up might not be related at all. Spending the $600 on the custom tune might save you a lot more on a shortblock later.

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
03SonicBlueSNAKE said:
it has a diablo sport tune but it was never on the dyno
no datalog
focus pumps and mafia
and is breaking up
You're using the "canned" Diablo tune???? If so, you need to get a custom tune for it right away.

What I highlighted above should never be the case on a car with you mods. And Focus Pumps might not be enough to support your boost level with a ported blower.

A datalog of your FPDC (among other parameters) would be helpful.

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
03SonicBlueSNAKE said:
It's not a smart ass comment by MGT2002, it's a legitimate suggestion. A cobra with a Ported Blower running 16+ psi, needs a custom tune by a tuner very familiar with these cars.

And if somehow you're really getting 20 psi and are running 93 octane, depending on the timing you may have already hurt something.

1badass96gt

Reaction score
You need to put that thing on a dyno ASAP. You have completely modified everything about that car, from the amount of boost, to the amount of fuel. The chances that you were able to get a "canned" tune to correct for all those issues is about none. I'm not trying to be a smart ass either. You asked for solutions and are lying to yourself about the most probable cause because of what it will cost you to resolve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom