Car enthusiast "trends" that are played out

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Cheap when you consider what kind of aftermarket heads you need to run with an old-school SBC to make near the same steerable power as a LS based engine.

The OEM LS3 heads are better than a set of AFR 195 Competition Port SBC heads. And just a basic porting package on a LS3 head moves them out of the range of standard 23° SBC stuff entirely.

Heads and cam make the power and the LS design has decades of improvements built into it.

I get an LS swap makes sense when comparing a old school SBC. Swap all your old school GM stuff you want. lol

And a Gen 3 Coyote head outflows the, not so old, NASCAR heads. So...

Coyote swaps > LS swaps

:hsughlol:

Swaps are dumb. Turbo the world.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Nothing wrong with an LS Swap into a GM vehicle. What triggers me is LS swap in a Mustang...

tenor.gif

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Part of the reason its such a "fad" now is that it can basically swap into anything...which I agree is a strong appeal..but just because you can, doesnt mean you consistently should.

Lets pump the brakes here Jeff Goldblum. Not everyone wants to be unique and spend 7 years and thousands of dollars for crazy things that dont plan out.

Seriously, if it were that easy to just go do something and make it work, wouldnt more people do it? Instead of a few people doing it, perfecting it, and profiting by making swap kids?

Anyway, I guess Ill throw my list out there. Black rims, Bullett style rims, AE077s, ohh crap. Im stuck in 2004. :rofl:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
[MENTION=13268]Kensington[/MENTION] that isn't a Volvo motor. Just a Volvo head swap on the 2.3l ohv Ford engine. Popular upgrade.

Love the RB26 swap.

Shhhhhhh, these rubes don’t know that :s00ls:

My dad had an SVO when I was growing up, and I’ve always dreamt of building one, the Volvo heads seem like a cool build. I thought I remember a guy building a twin turbo Volvo headed 2.3

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I’ve had old school sbc’s and bbc’s. I really wanted to do an LS swap, mainly because the only project I’ve never finished was another Chevelle I was LS swapping 7 years ago that I gave up halfway through and sold the roller. For me it was more of a personal goal. The internet lied, it was not cheap but the hype is real. I’ll never go back to a sbc/bbc.

Other fads, salt life, hoonigan or family stickers. I’m just over the automotive tramp stamps at this point.

Actually, throw in windshield banners too.

People buying new cars, putting them away hoping they’ll be worth big bucks in the future. Drive the fuckin things.

I’m teetering on barn finds. They’re cool as fuck but that phrase doubles the price lol.

Show only cars. Again, drive the fuckin things.

Sema cars. At one point I wanted to go but have heard from plenty of people that say the builds are slapped together shit that’s non functional garbage.

Calling a race car a street car.

The cockiness that comes with drag racing. All other racing looks fun (half mile/autocross ect), I don’t get why drag racing has so many egos. I’m guilty but have seen the light and wanna make drag racing great again.

Dec 12, 2018
I think the amount of car clubs with stock cars is starting to get out of hand. Also women who deem themselves auto enthusiast but the only thing they do their car is pay the note. And saying your car is built not bought because you payed someone to build it. Pretty much agree with 99% of this thread except the curb feelers [emoji23]

bnr32

Regular
TCG Premium
Nov 6, 2013
rivet on over fenders, "stance", bro dozers, wastegate "screamer" pipes, fender exit exhaust on non race cars, tinted headlights, plastidip paint jobs, matte wrapped vehicles, anti lag on cars that just sit in parking lots, hella flush, fake race car builds that just sit in parking lots, chassis mounted wings on street cars, dildo shift knobs, neochrome anything, eBay quick release steering wheels, "drift missiles", volkswagens and i think thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info