3800 Car broke down in FL (not mine)

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
It has what, the Essex 3.8? Maybe the Vulcan 3.0? Both of those engines are easy and cheap to come by and are relatively easy to tear down given their OHV config. It'd be worth much more with a running engine thats for sure, so If it can be done between a couple buddies and a few hundred bucks for the engine, it'd be worth it to fix it and sell it.

I

imported_Diavolo

it is the 3.8. Since it is down in Jacksonville, I can not touch it, but I am going to try to help my roommate sell it onine somehwere. Would a place like ebay or autotrader be a good spot to sell? or should I try some car forums where more gearheads are.

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
it is the 3.8. Since it is down in Jacksonville, I can not touch it, but I am going to try to help my roommate sell it onine somehwere. Would a place like ebay or autotrader be a good spot to sell? or should I try some car forums where more gearheads are.
[/b]

The "Essex" 3.8L is known for head gasket failures - could be that. Like Nick said, engines can be had for pretty cheap from a junkyard. Jasper quotes about $2300 for a rebuilt engine.

I

imported_Diavolo

Uhaul was too expensive. We could barly afford the $200 for a rental between 4 of us.

smkn, we need someone like you, but in FL to do it :) Too much money to get it shipped up here. we are going to try craigslist and see if someone will take it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info