đź”– Deals Car Batteries

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I've had to change the battery in every vehicle I own, but then I own them 10+ years, so chances are... :D

Anyway, A couple years back, I bought a Die Hard Gold which had then a 4 or 5 year warranty ( can't recall), for the old van. The Wife killed it in 3 (using the power sliding doors, liftgates, electronics, etc without it running does that). Brought it back in, got a free replacement. She killed that one in 3'ish years. Took it back and got a free replacement. I will keep milking this bandwagon as long as I can. When the new van's OEM battery fails, I'll get a Die Hard Gold for that and milk that for all I can...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by SWITAWI View Post
Found this informative listing of who makes what automotive battery on IH8MUD from 2012.

Sears Diehard...
Lead Acid - Johnson Controls
Platinum AGM - Odyssey/Enersys (Discontinued)
Advanced Gold AGM - East Penn

Interstate - Johnson Controls

Walmart Everstart- Johnson Controls (Exide Contract Cancelled)

Autozone Duralast...
AGM - East Penn

Pep Boys (including Bosch) - As of Aug 2012 Exide

NAPA...
AGM - East Penn.

Optima - Johnson Controls

Odyssey - Enersys Inc (Johnson Controls was in talks to purchase them during last quarter of 2015)

Varta AGM - (Fall 2012) Johnson Controls in a new US plant

Costco - Johnson Controls

Northstar - Northstar (also distributed by Batteries Plus as the X2Power and Exide under the Northstar label)

Batteries Plus X2 Power - Northstar

Duracell - East Penn (Deka)

Rayovac at Batteries Plus... (Discontinued?)
AGM - East Penn

Deka - East Penn

This guy did a lot of digging - Battery Information | IH8MUD Forum
seems like a solid post
seems like a solid post

the x2 has the 30$ off mail in rebate currently too fwiw.

that pushed me harder towards it.

and, this.

Battery Bashing - Jp Magazine

since it is essentially a rebranded northstar with longer warranty.

154_1303_06-battery_bashing-batteries_and_their_testing_chart

it's cool write up, and neat how they did their testing. i wish diehard platinums still existed & were good cuz i would have gone that route.

I thought deka was the “shittier” agm battery manufacturer. [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION]

some stuff from two years ago, i can't remember everything

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
those expedition portal bro's go hard into FUCKING EVERYTHING. :rofl:
There’s a ton of cool stuff and info on that site but the for sale section cracks me up. Find the most expensive example of their vehicle stock then add every mod up to the penny and tack that on top of it. There’s like 10 year old JK’s for $50k for sale :rofl:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I was going to say, there are only 3 or 4 makers of batteries out there, so most are simply re-branded/packaged. But I see that's covered in the post above. JCI is the biggest. A/C Delco I believe is also JCI.

I see that the gold's are 3 year (instead of the 4 or 5 I thought, those be the platinums), so she must've killed them before then. :D She's good and accepts the challenge willingly. :D

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I'm the other end of that spectrum... Had like 70+ cars and I've probably purchased batteries for 50 of them lol.

Apparently I've just been really lucky :rofl:...The Flex was on the original battery as a 2011 when it died about a year ago, so I can't complain too much there. The other was my first car, which I had for about 4 years, and the battery was of unknown age, so that's also not too surprising.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info