Car audio shops?

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Bump……..

I was wondering if anyone knew of or has recently gone to a reputable Car Audio shop? I have used ABT in the past and have been really happy with their service. I’m looking for something closer to the Hoffman Estates/Schaumburg area. I’m having an issue with my radio in the 911 where when it’s cold the audio will cut in and out. The was a radio I purchased about 5yrs ago at ABT which they installed. I’m also looking to add new interior speakers/amp blah blah blah. I don’t want some hack company working on the car. I’m ultimately Ok going back to ABT if that’s truly the only place close.

Reactions: sktchy

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Bump……..

I was wondering if anyone knew of or has recently gone to a reputable Car Audio shop? I have used ABT in the past and have been really happy with their service. I’m looking for something closer to the Hoffman Estates/Schaumburg area. I’m having an issue with my radio in the 911 where when it’s cold the audio will cut in and out. The was a radio I purchased about 5yrs ago at ABT which they installed. I’m also looking to add new interior speakers/amp blah blah blah. I don’t want some hack company working on the car. I’m ultimately Ok going back to ABT if that’s truly the only place close.
If you’re willing to go to the NW side of the city. Jerry at Showtime Audio works on a lot of high end cars and has been in biz over 20yrs. I highly recommend Jerry and his team.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Car audio is probably one of my favorite things to do. But usually I don't ever get to play in the dash til after somebody's tied into somethin they shouldn't have and I gotta fix it 😂
It's not close, but All Guard Auto Alarm in Alsip has been in business forever and does really nice work.
Yea definitely not close. But always an option.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Yea definitely not close. But always an option.
Sometimes I wish I was closer to you guys but I'd really have to step my game up and there's definitely been some demand for a guy that'll spend the time to sort wiring stuff out around here.

Dudes will build a beautiful 40 or 50k old school ride and then pump the brakes on the wiring it's wild.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Sometimes I wish I was closer to you guys but I'd really have to step my game up and there's definitely been some demand for a guy that'll spend the time to sort wiring stuff out around here.

Dudes will build a beautiful 40 or 50k old school ride and then pump the brakes on the wiring it's wild.
Wiring is an art form. It’s takes a lot of knowledge, planning and patience.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Wiring is an art form. It’s takes a lot of knowledge, planning and patience.
To me it's time, you either spend it tracking wires from a to b or digging up schematics and pinouts or poking wires with a multimeter to see what's doing what and under what circumstances. It's basically getting paid to fuck around and find out 😅

The art part of it is a matter of pride and caring that it looks good. Im always trying to keep up on heat shrink and friction tape because it's the little things that matter to me and it's what the customer sees. Soldering every connection instead of using the fancy heat shrink connectors that do it for you. Mountable zip ties. Keeping wires the correct color (I'm always stripping shit from old harnesses I have laying around because I don't have a rack of rainbow wire like I wish I did but I make due). Trying not to make a rats nest anywhere and if you do at least cover it well.

Like this sniper box, it's all done up right and would probably fly the way it is. But before it leaves it's all gonna get straightened out so those wires have nice tight turns and the ends of the loom are wrapped in friction tape so it mimics something of modern OEM quality. I wouldn't expect someone to pay for less and the shorter pink wire that doesn't have the 90 in it is driving me nuts.
20231107_113546.jpg

Basically if your wiring guy isn't ocd about details and a little bit batshit you need a new wiring guy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info