• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Car Alarm Problem

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
This is for a buddy of mine I work with. He bought a beater 02 Dodge Stratus RT. Everything runs fine except some alarm issues. Car will be off for hours and all of a sudden the horn will come on and stay on until you remove a battery terminal. Even after letting it sit for a few minutes its a crap shoot on whether it will still be going off when reconnecting. Not the only issue though. It has another draw because every now and then it will drain the battery over night.

Now the car won't even start. It drained a battery over night. He charged it the next day and tried to turn it over. The car just cranks over and over. I haven't heard it but it sounds like the alarm needs to be reset or something along those terms.

I have never installed an alarm on a car so all of this is new territory to me. The guy doesn't have a lot of money so I am trying to help him so he doesn't resort to paying someone to do it. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Have him go under the dash and unplug the alarm and see if it starts, I have a beater impala that had similar issues I unplugged the alarm and threw it as far as I could, mine didn't have a speaker hooked up and I fucked with it for a whole afternoon trying to get it to start before I realized the alarm was going off but I couldn't hear it and it was disabling the fuel pump

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
Yeah well after talking to a buddy that owns a alarm installation shop I realize that he has two different problems. I was thinking that maybe some alarms used either spark or fuel to keep it from starting. He said that all alarms use the starter. So in short the car only cranking over is a completely different problem.

I will be removing the main power fuse as soon as I can find it to at least eliminate one of the problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info