Cant program key fob - help!

SRT41320

Reaction score
97 buick lesabre - just bought it, and it had no key fob - bought one off eBay that said it would work... blah blah blah...

So i found instructors online about using a junket pin on the DLC, pins 4 and 8 - turn key on and car should luck/unlock to signal it's in programming mode.

It does not go into programing mode - and yes the locks work - what's going on?

Also it has an aftermarket radio (if it matters) and the security light is always on - car starts / drives normally though.

Help a cracker out

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
Check for a blown fuse for the DLC / I think it might share a fuse with the cigarette lighter. I had this issue on my brothers old lesabre but that was like 6 years ago now lol

SRT41320

Reaction score
Check for a blown fuse for the DLC / I think it might share a fuse with the cigarette lighter. I had this issue on my brothers old lesabre but that was like 6 years ago now lol
I dont think that'd the issue because my code reader works, but I'll look into it after work either way

Alacran

GM fanatic
Reaction score
For me it was the body control module. RKE is built into the BCM. I even change the little receiver.

Gl

SRT41320

Reaction score
Fuse was fine for the DLC - i saw if you turn the key on for 10min it resets the security - right about trying that, but I'm afraid something else will break :rofl:

As of now, the plan is to use a resistor in place of the one in the key (not an issue now, but for future issues) and install a remote start w/ lock-unlock on its own key fob

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom