Canned proteins

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Walking thru Costco this morning and The canned Kirkland canned chicken breast and Kirkland canned salmon have always caught my attention but never had any great experiences with canned proteins like this beside some tuna in olive oil.

has anyone every tried or currently use a canned chicken in water or the salmon in water from Costco or a different brand of choice ?

Looking to make a meal(s) a little faster at times and having this could be a good resource to have in the pantry.

thoughts or experiences?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I didn't do the Costco one but I did the Aldi one. I'm not sure about Costco's but Aldi's was super salty even if I would have cut it with something else. If they have a low sodium variant I'd look there first. Then again although I don't have a condition around it I also tend to try and avoid high sodium products if possible.

I would like to have had the option as well. I want to stop eating like shit as much and that's potentially a good resource in my mind.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
I use canned chunk chicken breast pretty often actually. It's cheap and convenient to keep around when I'm feeling lazy.

I've made a few different soups with it, alfredo pasta, and a pretty killer white chicken chili. My girlfriend has used it on top of salad, but in my experience it works best when it's a bit more hidden / worked in with other flavors.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I didn't do the Costco one but I did the Aldi one. I'm not sure about Costco's but Aldi's was super salty even if I would have cut it with something else. If they have a low sodium variant I'd look there first. Then again although I don't have a condition around it I also tend to try and avoid high sodium products if possible.

I would like to have had the option as well. I want to stop eating like shit as much and that's potentially a good resource in my mind.

no issues here with sodium but lower the number the better overall.

thinking of getting a few cans of Costco chicken as Caleb notes for those lazy days its nice to be lazy and still eat healthy and not get fast food.

seen a few reviews on Costco brand. One person made some chicken quesadillas with the costco brand and it looked pretty good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• frank
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list