Cancun all inclusive

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Wife and I are planning a trip in May for her and I in May for 6 days. We've never been to Cancun and starting to look. Some all inclusive say meals and drinks and other don't, yet they say all inclusive. Are all, all inclusives the same with offering all meals and drinks? Any recommendations on which resort to choose? They all seem pretty similar so we're looking for first hand recommendations.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya

No wrist bands.

Access to everything.

ADULTS ONLY.

You can eat all day. 24 hrs room service.

7 restaurants. No reservations required

Any and all alcohol

Several pools

Lazy river option

Many activities such as morning pool cardio water biking, yoga water mats, volleyball. Beautiful beach.

You show up and not spend a dime. We bring a fistful of singles and $5s for tips but you do not have to. But you better.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Pics

20201130_195440.jpg

20201130_215426.jpg

20201204_193929.jpg

20191202_141719.jpg

20201201_101408.jpg

20201201_205033.jpg

20191130_112639.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
We've went in 19, 20, and going at end of this year. we started with 6 people, then 8 went and this next time all the same and now it's up to 10 people so new couple coming.

Best advice is to join the fans of imperial Facebook. That's how we scouted this place out.

In 19 we met a group from Canada that spends like 60 days a year there.... Well we ran into them in 20 as well. Doing the same damn thing. They love it.. We love it..

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I would highly suggest flying into Cancun but heading 60-70 miles south to Playa or Riviera Maya. Cancun is more of a younger wilder crowd from what we have seen over the last 15-20yrs. Yes all inclusive means all meals and drinks are included. We love all inclusive and wont travel any other way when we go somewhere on the Caribbean. But all inclusive resorts arent for everyone. Biggest factor imo, are you guys drinkers and are you picky eaters? Drinkers and you will love it, picky eaters and maybe not so much. All inclusives are mostly buffets, better resort, better buffet. However most resorts have sit down restaurants as well and our resort for instance has 7-8 sit down reservation restaurants. That makes it more tolerable imo.

Do you care if kids are around or are you looking for adults only. Resort we go to has 2 different sides, adults only side is a little more expensive. But has better food and alcohol including top shelf. DEEZUZ DEEZUZ goes to a resort that is 100% adults only and looks really nice. He can chime in on that one. We stay at the TRS in Rivera Maya. Also in May you might get beaches full of seeweed, I know in the past its an issue around summer time, IZZy IZZy might know more on that.

Any other questions feel free to ask, been down there 12-15 times and actually just got back 2 weeks ago.
You might want to do 8 days vs 6 days, you have to remember the 2 days you are traveling there and back are counted as days. 8 days is pretty much a week when you factor in the traveling.
Those 2 days of traveling are loooonnngggg ass days, 8-10hr days between the flight and both airports. We have done 14 days, 10 days, 8 days, and 5 days.
5 days is way to short, and anything over 8 days is too damn long.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Hard Rock Riviera Maya is a fantastic resort. We’ve been several times over the past few years and can’t recommend it enough.

They have separate adults / family sides, both with awesome pools and beach access. Several great restaurants (buffet and sit down) and plenty of bars as well as 24/7 room service. They have a ton of options for off-resort trips (cave diving, snorkeling, water sports, golf, ect) if you’re into that and the service has been second to none.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Hard Rock Riviera Maya is a fantastic resort. We’ve been several times over the past few years and can’t recommend it enough.

They have separate adults / family sides, both with awesome pools and beach access. Several great restaurants (buffet and sit down) and plenty of bars as well as 24/7 room service. They have a ton of options for off-resort trips (cave diving, snorkeling, water sports, golf, ect) if you’re into that and the service has been second to none.
We have heard really good things about the Hard Rock. Izzy and I keep telling DEEZUZ DEEZUZ that they need to leave the resort and go do shit like you mentioned. There is so much to do and see in or around RM and Playa. The pyramids are absolutely incredible.

Reactions: IZZy and Rent Free

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
We have heard really good things about the Hard Rock. Izzy and I keep telling DEEZUZ DEEZUZ that they need to leave the resort and go do shit like you mentioned. There is so much to do and see in or around RM and Playa. The pyramids are absolutely incredible.
Half the crew this time is going an hour away to some jungle resort spa. I don't like massages so I'm not going.

We're starting to branch out a little tiny bit. Lmao. We're just basic white people man

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Been to cancun and playa about 8 times alternating between the two of them for 8 trips on a row. Stayed at the royal in playa del carman, several RIU resorts in playa del carman and Cancun, hard rock in Cancun and one stay at secrets in the Rivera maya area, All resorts have been adults only which a nice.

If I had to choose an area I would head to playa del carman, you have more to do if you don’t want to be at the hotel all day and night, nice to get out walk around, shop, eat, and night life in playa is good. You have coco bungo, blue parrot and a few other places to go.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I've only been down that way once, stayed at Mahekal in Playa Del Carmen.

I like hearing y'alls thoughts all all-inclusive for meals. We are not big drinkers (because we aren't losers :) ) and the food quality is important to me.
You would be better off in Playa in a non inclusive then. So many really good places to eat in Playa.

Reactions: frank

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yeah I liked 5th Avenue and the walking around a lot. We ate at a place called Cenacolo which was italian (homemade black pasta) was so good but I read it's closed.

So I've never been to Cancun is it very 30 and under so if I'm 50+ I might feel old?
How long ago where you there? 5th ave has changed quite a bit in the last 5+ years.

Reactions: frank

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
ldyzluvdis06 ldyzluvdis06 another thing nobody mentioned and I just remembered. If you stay in or around Playa. You guys can go to Cozumel for a day. It’s like a 30 minute ferry ride and it doesn’t cost much money. Maybe $15 round trip. Snorkeling is bad ass in Cozumel, tons of bars and restaurants as well. I highly recommend doing a day in Cozumel, rent scooters and you can do the whole island in a day.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
ldyzluvdis06 ldyzluvdis06 another thing nobody mentioned and I just remembered. If you stay in or around Playa. You guys can go to Cozumel for a day. It’s like a 30 minute ferry ride and it doesn’t cost much money. Maybe $15 round trip. Snorkeling is bad ass in Cozumel, tons of bars and restaurants as well. I highly recommend doing a day in Cozumel, rent scooters and you can do the whole island in a day.

I took the ferry across to the Cozumel, went scuba diving and snorkeling on a charter with a few of my co-workers for the day there on one of my trips to playa. Good time.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
This! Cozumel is like the best kept secret in the riviera maya, I’ve rented a car and drove around the island going to beachside bars, gone snorkeling and the beaches are gorgeous.

E884704D-0FFC-4153-9560-5626BE8B503E.jpeg

D8A96FF0-5ED3-48D5-BB95-620B47BCDD8B.jpeg

6DC60B94-7F66-4296-A221-44BBDB59A2FE.jpeg

84E2D737-6131-4884-8FC7-06161BBCBEF5.jpeg

Reactions: Rent Free and frank

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
Secrets Capri in Riviera Maya. All inclusive. Adults only. Eat and drink as much as you want. I normally started drinking around 10am out by the pool. The pool also has a swim up bar. 7 or 8 restaurants from what I remember. Room service anytime. They had all the amenities and activities, different theme nights outside, but we spent most of the time by the beach or pool. We brought $300 in singles and tipped the staff often for stuff like water, drinks, towels. They treated us like kings and the same staff members were almost to the point of harassing us, asking us if we needed anything. But it was cool.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
cozumel is great, you can also book a snorkeling trip in a tri hull ship (tri maran sp?) and they bring rum, then they take you to spend a day Isla de Mujeres, which is a ton of fun too.
I was out on one of those trips years ago and we lucked upon a big group of whale sharks, they are sharks, but more like whales, no bitey, but BIG BIG krill eaters , kind of awesome to swim with, if you like being that close to pickup truck sized animals.

• Love
Reactions: Aircal

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
cozumel is great, you can also book a snorkeling trip in a tri hull ship (tri maran sp?) and they bring rum, then they take you to spend a day Isla de Mujeres, which is a ton of fun too.
I was out on one of those trips years ago and we lucked upon a big group of whale sharks, they are sharks, but more like whales, no bitey, but BIG BIG krill eaters , kind of awesome to swim with, if you like being that close to pickup truck sized animals.

I saw that was an excursion you could do, was a swim with whale sharks. They even offered your money back if none were found, allegedly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info