Canadian Fishing Trip

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Assuming we can get into Canada ~July of next year. Who is down for some fishing...Canada style? I grew up in the same neighborhood as the family that owns this resort and am planning on driving up and flying in to this place if we can. Roughly a 13 hour drive from Belvidere. Split over a few guys shouldn't be too bad. I drove 11 hours to Eastern Tennessee by myself with a trailer and it wasn't bad.

Currently it sounds like me and one guy so far, and we are going for either 5($1450) or 7($1715) nights.

I'm not a huge fisherman in general, but my dad went here 3 years ago or so and said it was simply amazing. Just feeling out interest. Obviously it is more expensive than a lot of TCG events, but I feel this would be phenomenal if we can actually go

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Growing up I went to several different drive-in and fly-in camps. My dad took me on a trip every year from when I was about 9 until I was about 23. There is no doubt that the fly-in camps offered fishing that was much better. Both in the number of fish and the size of fish. The fly-in camps just don't get fished as heavily as the drive-in camps. We would have daily contests to see how many Norther Pike over 30" a 2 man boat could catch every day. 30 per boat was not hard. Seeing 5-10 over 40" was not uncommon. We had many Manitoba Mater Angles in Walleye and Northern every trip. It was common to have some guys getting 48+" Northern and 26+" Walleye each trip.

Sadly, my dad has said the fishing has really dropped off compared to what we saw in the 1980's and 1990's. But it is still probably better than anything that you have seen in Illinois, Wisconson, Minnesota, etc. It is an experience you will enjoy. Go and have fun.

Reactions: Spivitz

Thread Info