• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Can we Give This Guy Back to the Taliban?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You guys remember Joshua Boyle, the Canadian with an American wife who were held captive for 5 years by the Taliban? Guy was all over the news when they were released. He even met with Prime Minister Trudeau.

He's in the news again.

Joshua Boyle, the former hostage of a Taliban-linked group who was held captive with his family in the Middle East for five years, was arrested Monday in Canada and faces a slew of charges following his return home in mid-October.

Boyle, 34, is due in court again Wednesday after appearing earlier this week on a variety of charges, ranging from two counts of sexual assault to two counts of unlawful confinement, The Toronto Star reported. He’s reportedly also been charged with uttering death threats, misleading police, assault, and causing someone to “take a noxious thing, namely Trazodone.”
All of this happened since he has returned to Canada. His wife is standing behind him and blaming the captivity.

Following her husband’s arrest, Coleman said in a statement to The Star, “I can’t speak about the specific charges, but I can say that ultimately it is the strain and trauma he was forced to endure for so many years and the effects that that had on his mental state that is most culpable for this.”

She added: “Obviously, he is responsible for his own actions, but it is with compassion and forgiveness that I say I hope help and healing can be found for him. As to the rest of us, myself and the children, we are healthy and holding up as well as we can.”

Joshua Boyle, held captive by Taliban-linked group for years, arrested in Canada | Fox News

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Just read it. So because he was stupid enough to go to a dangerous war zone full of brainwashed nut jobs he gets taken hostage.
Then he is stupid enough to have multiple kids while a hostage, even though I believe his wife was raped daily??
Then he gets back here kidnaps and rapes some girl because of the PTSD he suffered???

Sounds like a winner and needs to be purged from the gene pool!!!!

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Trazodone isn't noxious...I take it every night as a low grade sleeping pill

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's unclear who is charging him. I read something about Canada laws don't allow the victim/accuser to be named until the lawsuit has been settled.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hmm, other post seemed to have gotten lost. But I hope someone has been watching this guy since he came back from his ISIS training camp.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Not a doubt in my mind this guy is a terrorist.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-hostage-boyle-charged-sex-assault-confinement-223341106.html

Boyle was once briefly married to Zaynab Khadr, the older sister of former Guantanamo Bay detainee Omar Khadr and the daughter of a senior al-Qaida financier who had contacts with Osama bin Laden.

The Canadian-born Omar Khadr was 15 when he was captured by U.S. troops following a firefight and was taken to the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay. Officials had discounted any link between that background and Boyle's capture, with one describing it in 2014 as a "horrible coincidence."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom