Can someone read the strap on this plug??

Feb 5, 2021
Hey everyone I am a newbie with this whole plug reading thing. I have an 06 silverado 2500 hd with a single 7665 running between 8 and 10 psi. Ignition is about 14 or 15 degrees. I think the mark on the strap looks a little low as in too much timing. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

20210311_170446.jpg

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
You can easily make a wooden jig to cut the ground straps back to the edge of the center electrode with a Dremel cutoff wheel
Losing nearly an eighth of an inch strap length can do wonders for preventing glow plug situations
I was gonna add that thing looks pretty squished too. I get tight gaps so you don't blow out spark but that curve back in that looks like it got smashed would drive me batshit. This looks to me like the results of a low end gap tool that uses a wire as a reference rather than a progressive flat surface. Probably just my ocd tho

You also want em as open as you can run em without blowin em out for idle quality and a full burn correct? It's not like modern coil systems dont have the firepower when functioning correctly

Reactions: mustangman1992
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list