Can my richard racing 2.8 pulley be used with billitflow idlers?

LBSVT93

Reaction score
The cobra I just bought has a richard racing 2.8 pulley on it, along with a preditor hand held tuner, I was wondering if I can use billitflow idlers with the pulley, or should I get another type of idlers? Eveyone says billitflow is the best, should I dump the richard racing pulley and go all billitflow?....just kicking it around, but I def want to get the car tuned and throw some idlers on it so any advice will help thanks, my future mods are:

AFCO heat exchanger
Idlers
Tune
cold air intake jlt
shifter
flowmaster catback
Mac pro-chamber
IRS brace
Subframes
DR's
then save for KB

Also since this car is a 04 I assume I need 02 extenders for the h-pipe, and mill eliminators correct?

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
I would recommend that when you look for idlers get ones that are double bearing. So far i had 2 that I had wobble issues with went to the double bearing and no problem. I have Billetflow on mine and they work great!

OP
L

LBSVT93

Reaction score
Where did you buy yours from?

Since 1964

Reaction score
My suggestion is Ricard Racing for your idler needs, they're better, and you have to buy the best you can.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
The RR pulley is aluminum.
The BilletFlow has a steel hub with aluminum interchangeable pulleys.
Aluminum pulleys can slip on the steel shaft of the blower if it gets hot enough.
I would recommend the BilletFlow as a replacement for the RR pulley because the aluminum pulleys are mechanically locked to the hub and therefore can't slip.
I would also recommend the BilletFlow idlers because the quality and customer service is unequalled.
RR is about to go out of business, so I wouldn't count on much support if there is ever a problem.

Dana

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
^+1

You can use the BF idlers with them... but I would go with the BF pulley as well. If you ever have to remove that pulley, expect it to become a paperweight.

Since 1964

Reaction score
Since 1964 said:
My suggestion is Ricard Racing for your idler needs, they're better, and you have to buy the best you can.
Now that I see RR is going out of business I'll tell that my BF idlers squeeled for a while, but I was told that it would go away, be patient, and sure enough it did go away, HOWEVER, it does rear it's ugly little head every so often, hense the suggestion to go RR for idlers.

I have the BF interchangeable hub with their 2.76 and the idler right next to it and it never slips, well at least I don't think it ever has.

hj16

Tasty!
Reaction score
I use BilleFlow Idlers with my RR upper pulley. I havent had a single issue with either....since you already have the RR Id stick with it, if you ever need to change it for something else go BF.

Even Doug from BilletFlow likes RR stuff...just to bad they are going under

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
LBSVT93 said:
The cobra I just bought has a richard racing 2.8 pulley on it, along with a preditor hand held tuner, I was wondering if I can use billitflow idlers with the pulley, or should I get another type of idlers? Eveyone says billitflow is the best, should I dump the richard racing pulley and go all billitflow?....just kicking it around, but I def want to get the car tuned and throw some idlers on it so any advice will help thanks, my future mods are:

AFCO heat exchanger
Idlers
Tune
cold air intake jlt
shifter
flowmaster catback
Mac pro-chamber
IRS brace
Subframes
DR's
then save for KB

Also since this car is a 04 I assume I need 02 extenders for the h-pipe, and mill eliminators correct?
You cant go wrong with BilletFlow. I have been to their facility, they r great to deal with good customer relations, Quality Products!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom