Can-am Maverick X3 Hype

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I'm happy with my 16 turbo, for now. I was kinda pissed they changed so much on the 17s. Felt like I got taken only a year later. Lol

I was reading that a lot of people feel that way. Especially with some of the recalls I guess. I am not too familiar with that stuff yet. Seems like Polaris just built the 17 turbo model how it should have been in the first place. I am going to assume that a 16 is still an obnoxious amount of fun. Kind of curious as to what the big change in 18 will be.

If the RZR xp turbo and the x3 DS have similar amount of driver leg room, I would go RZR all day. The front diff they offer is a huge advantage over the x3. Also it is a design that has been ironed out for a while. Not new and untested. Although it took a crap in the looks dept compared to the x3, but still the better performing machine in all reality.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Yeah the 17 isn't so much different 16. New cam profile, different head gasket, and upped the boost. I already tossed a tuner on my 16, so it rips. Probably be nose to nose with a 17 in a race.

The X3 looks tits and I'll give it that! As far as performance and reliability, I can't comment on it. I did look up specs on it and it's a foot longer that my XPT. I'm running low on trailer space so no dice for me.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have seen that video. I don't know if the DS model is built the same as the RS, but the DS is the model comparable to the RZR turbo size. The roll cage does look a lot beefier on the x3 though. I would love to sit in both of those machines to compare room, seating position, and fittment. I am a fan of the gauges behind the wheel and not in the middle of the cockpit. Although, speed limits are irrelevant for the most part and having easy access to the gauges isn't as important in a utv

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
What tuner did you go with?

I went with a Bikeman Performance tune, they use Bullydog hardware. I looked at other places like EVO tuning. The beef I had with them is you could either send your ECM out to be reprogrammed or buy another ECM. So if you sent the ECM out, you only had a stage 3 tune, no option to return to stock. You could buy another ECM but that cost was an extra $400. So I felt the bullydog with Bikeman tune was the hot setup. We did a 20 person group buy on rzr forums. Think I paid $450 for everything, which I thought was a good deal.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] and I take offense to this statement :squint:

:werd:

when's $2.50 bulliet day again.

Yeah but Carter will come over on his way home and do degenerate things with me. You all have responsibilities lmao.

youuuuuu

The side by side comparo vids are crazy though. You can clearly see the X3 is built to the hilt compared to the Polaris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eERIFcf8W0

perhaps even extremely overbuilt though, nawwwimsayin? especially for 'round here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info