cams question

breeze

Reaction score
How do you tell the difference between exhaust and intake cams. Have same part # engraved on them.

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
How do you tell the difference between exhaust and intake cams. Have same part # engraved on them.
For a 4-valve modular motor?

I believe they usually have a designation on them right after the part # (Comp Cams) indicating where they belong.

LI - Left Intake
LE - Left Exhaust
RI - Right Intake
RE - Right Exhaust

OP
B

breeze

Reaction score
Couldn't really see part # by how there sitting in head. When cams are in head they won't even spin.

musclemerc

Reaction score
If the heads are stock there is no way they have the exact same part number.

However if someone put in custom grinds the part number will be the same on all 4 and should match the exhaust cam number.

I seriously doubt you have custom grinds!

massacre

Reaction score
Couldn't really see part # by how there sitting in head. When cams are in head they won't even spin.
The cams should turn freely in the bores. I had some issues with my '03 heads so the machine shop polished the cam journals and that cured the problem. Only cost me a hundred bucks too.

YMMV

OP
B

breeze

Reaction score
The cams should turn freely in the bores. I had some issues with my '03 heads so the machine shop polished the cam journals and that cured the problem. Only cost me a hundred bucks too.

YMMV
Got the heads back from machine shop right cams will spin but left had a nick on them and the cams won't spin at all even with lifters out. Put my cams and cams that came with and still don't spin. Are being sent back

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom